Flexible Entry (1 Viewer)

HSC
I hope there isn't a thread for this already. My first preference is Bachelor of Education (Secondary: humanities and social sciences)/bachelor of arts. Last yrs cut off was 82.40....but I'm concerned that I will be below this mark. When can you apply for flexible entry and can it be done online?

44Ronin

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
I hope there isn't a thread for this already. My first preference is Bachelor of Education (Secondary: humanities and social sciences)/bachelor of arts. Last yrs cut off was 82.40....but I'm concerned that I will be below this mark. When can you apply for flexible entry and can it be done online?
This is the course I am enrolled in. 2nd semester exams are coming next month, and I'm doing essays this month.

Flexible entry is not listed for the Education Faculty. http://www.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/apply/flexible.shtml#arts

To get in, there are a few ways to do it if your UAI isn't enough for entry;

#1. In your preference list put in lower UAI B.Education/B.Arts selections - Do the first semester at the lower UAI university you get an offer for and basically do better than passes in your subjects (easy). Apply for transfer. You're basically in after people drop out after their first semester .

#2. If you really really want to study at USYD straight away.........select a B.Arts in your preference list.
When you get in choose your subjects with education prerequisites in mind.
finish your 3 year degree and then do Masters in education. It ends up as essentially being the same program as B.Education/B.Arts, except you get the kudos of being a postgrad.

Overall, don't sweat it. Be smart and consider all of your options. You'll get in one way or another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)