flexible essays (1 Viewer)

mcsmells

HSC
Hey dudes
I was just wondering about writing flexible imaginative journeys essays for section 3 in paper 1.
How i have approached it so far is i have written a basic essay for no particular question on 'journeys over land and sea' and my two related material and i have related each of these to an aspect of the tempest.
is this the right thing to do?
I am not really sure how to write a flexible essay
I mean i think i may be able to adapt it, but i would just like to know how other people have approached writing a flexible essay, or whether it is a completely horrible idea doing one in the first place.
Thanks

mgee

HSC
i think im having the same problem as you. the way i always thought it was that i would whip up a perfect but basic essay and on separate paper write up any points that specifically relate to particular questions.

i dont know how to respond to your essay queries about "journeys over land and sea" cos i have no idea what thats about.. is that standard english?

ok back to flexible essays... all jouneys essays are quite similar to one another. ive done about a million +1 for tutor and i can say that they do all tie nicely together. its just those one off ones that put you off but the basic idea and writing is there so i guess it would be pretty alright to adapt your essay to the question. just be prepared for it (of course, sorry for stating the obvious) i dont know the best way to approach this problem but thats the only way i know. so i hope it helps ^^

Good luck for the english exam, and everything else...
Michelle

mcsmells

HSC
'journeys over land and sea' is text 6 out of the stimulus booklet isnt it...?
Oh god!
maybe i am looking at the wrong booklet
lol
umm...
yeh its a screenshot of a website for the Smithsonian Institute

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
i have sort of developed my own formula for this module...and so far it has worked. My Core is inner journeys however.
Basically my related texts are

Core text- My Place by sally morgan
stimulus booklet: Journey to the interior.

Related texts:
Ariel- A poem by sylvia plath
"The scream"- a painting by Edvard Munch

Now basically...u can take the text by text approach (i think it's easier to do so).
Now construct a simple essay on how each text communicates imaginative journeys...nothing more. This way you cover all the crucial elements.

Come exam time...they can ask you anything...and make sure u acknowledge ur position in the intro and make a link to the proposed question and ur essay...sometimes this may not be easy...but keep in mind that u do not have to agree with the question.

hope that helps.
Zahid..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)