flop in hsc (1 Viewer)

hcemtfa

HSC
hey all, im sure this question has been asked a lot but ive heard numerous answers and im not quite sure which ones right.
one thing ive heard is you keep you external hsc mark but how does that make sense if for example im 2nd, am i not meant to recieve the 2nd highest hsc mark?

lets say i get 50 percent in the hsc, how does this mark affect me if im taking the 2nd highest mark which for say is 99

and another question, in this situation lets say my moderated internal mark is 98 and plus the 99, would that be my overall mark? is the 50 completely scrapped from me?

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
you keep your exam mark and that constitutes 50 percent of ur hsc mark. your assessment mark is the other 50 percent, which comes from the exam marks your cohort gets

hcemtfa

HSC
you keep your exam mark and that constitutes 50 percent of ur hsc mark. your assessment mark is the other 50 percent, which comes from the exam marks your cohort gets
damn so whatever u get in the hsc, ranks cant help u out?

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
stop yall are confusing me more, ima just stay confused and delusional and believe rank will help me immensely
just do your best lmao you can't control it and yes rank helps you immensely if youre high arnked and ideally in a good cohort

Sahoura

HSC
your rank helps decide how good your assessment mark is in comparison to your cohort, but its still linked to your cohort. unless your 1st then its a bit different
What happens when you're ranked 1st?

carrotsss

HSC
What happens when you're ranked 1st?
you get the highest exam mark in that subject within your cohort for your moderated school assessment mark. this can be your own mark (in which case your exam and moderated school assessment marks will be equal) or it could be someone elses

nsw..wollongong

HSC
you get the highest exam mark in that subject within your cohort for your moderated school assessment mark. this can be your own mark (in which case your exam and moderated school assessment marks will be equal) or it could be someone elses
hold on that is so unfair tho like does that not just mean that i can just shit the hsc if I'm ranked first and just steal another person's mark just bc i could?? also also, that's my mf hard work, if i get a mark higher than the person ranked first why should they get the credit for me busting my ass

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
They only get that mark for their assessment. Its meant to make it fair for those who are good at assessments but bad at exams, but I agree its unfair. In my opinion it shouldn't matter what you get in assessments because its so subjective in most cases whereas the HSC they know is marked fairly.

But its what theyve decided on so we just have to deal with it

nsw..wollongong

HSC
They only get that mark for their assessment. Its meant to make it fair for those who are good at assessments but bad at exams, but I agree its unfair. In my opinion it shouldn't matter what you get in assessments because its so subjective in most cases whereas the HSC they know is marked fairly.

But its what theyve decided on so we just have to deal with it
no no that doesn't make sense, say the person who ranked first got a 73 in the exam but i managed to pull thru in my rank 3 and get a 90. why the fuck are they getting my mark??? what do i get then?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
no no that doesn't make sense, say the person who ranked first got a 73 in the exam but i managed to pull thru in my rank 3 and get a 90. why the fuck are they getting my mark??? what do i get then?
You keep half your external half your internal OR SOMETHING

tired___

HSC
there are 3 different marks, hsc, internal and exam that you will receive

your exam mark will be whatever you get in the hsc exam, so if your ranking second and you get a 50 in the hsc thats the mark you'll get for your exam mark (although it will be moderated so it may be a 70 or 40 depending on how difficult the exam was).

your internal mark however will become whatever the second highest mark in the hsc was (bc u ranked 2nd in ur cohort).

and your hsc mark is a combination of both these marks (around 50/50)

thats my understanding.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
that is so disgusting say i got 95 and the person with the second highest got 60 that's so ass

nsw..wollongong

HSC
no way ur just discovering why people care so much about ranks
bruh i don't understand the whole rank moderation alignment stuff its so confusing, i understand it when someone explains it then i forget the next minute

nsw..wollongong

HSC
but that 60 wont really effect you unless its the third highest mark
huh? no say i was ranked second go outscored rank 1 but person who got second highest got a shit mark, doesn't that mean my hsc mark drops massively??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)