Foilo Help need please (1 Viewer)

M&M's

HSC
Hey everyone i am doing my hsc major portfolio for wood i was wondering if anyone has one from last year i could look at or any help any one can provide cause i dnt really know wat to put in it and wat its ment to look like. Thanks from anyone that helps :lol:

me121

Premium Member
HSC
M&M's said:
Hey everyone i am doing my hsc major portfolio for wood i was wondering if anyone has one from last year i could look at or any help any one can provide cause i dnt really know wat to put in it and wat its ment to look like. Thanks from anyone that helps :lol:
you can grap my folio from here, but they are not as relevant to someone doing timber). its graphics industries, not timber and furniture industries, but the kinds of things your are meant to put in are exactly the same.

Last edited:

kinship

HSC
My god me121 your one crazy guy doing so much in your folio =S, ahah now i have to add so much more to my folio xD

me121

Premium Member
HSC
kinship said:
My god me121 your one crazy guy doing so much in your folio =S, ahah now i have to add so much more to my folio xD
lol.. i think i went over the top.. mainly because i got too bored during the holidays.. in a way, doing so much can be bad because they won't have time to read it all and they may miss the things they are looking for.. if you just do the things they are looking (and there are certain things they look for) for then it could be done much more concisely and with less effort. (i spent a lot of time on that project..)

kinship

HSC
lol i can see that! <oh btw i dont think i ever complimented you on it, its great!> what did you get for iT? band 6?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
kinship said:
lol i can see that! <oh btw i dont think i ever complimented you on it, its great!> what did you get for iT? band 6?
yeh.. band 6, (hsc mark of 95) (i think those industry study questions in the exam brought me down.. but it was still a pretty good mark.)

ghkddnjstkd

HSC
me121 is it possible for me to see your work as well? apparently i can't access to your hyperlink. thanks

me121

Premium Member
HSC
me121 is it possible for me to see your work as well? apparently i can't access to your hyperlink. thanks
Hopefully I've fixed it now (management folio), thanks for letting me know I was unaware, I'm not sure how long it will last till it breaks again though.

Hopefully it will be of some help for Timber and the other industries (and not just Graphics). PS. you know there are some samples from the standards packages too (2002 2001)

ghkddnjstkd

HSC
me121 if possible can you tell me what to talk about when i've got these three areas?

• justification of design
  • use of appropriate industrial process and equipment
  • appropriateness of design and/or design modification

klitzy

HSC
Now without looking at the syllabus or any notes. If i'm wrong...well thats just unlucky aye.

"use of appropriate industrial process and equipment" is a production area right? It's just basically the processes and equipment or the way you do things are appropriate to the task and that's seen through your photo diary (if you have one) and the process plan. eg in my project it was appropriate i cut the mortises using a jig on the drill press, it was appropriate cause i had to cut 8 of them and that way itd be faster and more consistent.

"appropriateness of design and/or design modification" again isnt it part of production? is the design itself or any modifications you've made to the design during building it appropriate? for instance is it appropriate to design a desk with a giant hole in the top? no. have a section in your folio where you list the changes you've made to the original design and justify it. You may have decided to use a different type of joints, so tell me that and explain why.

"justification of design" fits into your selection & justification, i believe. justify why you chose a particular joint over another. list the advantages/disadvantages and explain why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)