• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Food expenses (1 Viewer)

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
I spend about 100/w.
If you're looking to save money on food, just learn to cook properly so you don't get sick of your own cooking that you would eventually buy takeaways. Personally, I can't stand eating shit food so sometimes I spend more like 150.

Erisus

December Member
HSC
yeah man...thats what im doing so far..its working for me...and its not even real classes dude..its like fucking seminars to prepare first year students b4 the 25th of feb when classes start..I go to pick up Hawt chicks ya know...but yeah...lunch moneyu is 70 bucks a week..and its only been a week and a half

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
$70 per week to be the minimum (if you eat simple)
Probably double $70 if you like to eat better and with more variety?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If I moved out, I'd prolly spend $70ish a week on food.

There is no way in hell I could cut out meat so I'd buy it in bulk and freeze it. Failing that, meat that has been reduced for quick sale is actually the tenderest stuff on the shelf because it's aged more. Bonus.
I'd make a batch of pasta sauce every week and that'd cover lunches (if I was at home. At uni I'd bring a salad).
My problem would be spending too much on luxury (i.e. unhealthy) food. Lemon sorbet is really cheap to make so that might be a solution. Ooh or buy a packet brownie mix for what... $4, and that'd last a week. Cupcakes can be baked and frozen until you need them.

Or call home and ask what's for dinner. If it's a roast, visit your folks.

Erisus

December Member
HSC
To all vegetarioans and vegans and whatnot
know this
Eating meat is an instinct, not eating meat is a decision.
We are genetically prgrammed to eat both meats and vegetables so..dont neglect ur bodies.
For every animal U dont eat.. I will eat 3
nuff said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)