Food Tech Results HSC 2004 (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
88. Pretty crap considering my raw assessment mark was originally 97, but was brought down because I didn't go as well in my exam. Oh well.

tennille

HSC
My boyfriend's uncle was asking me about my subjects and I was telling him how my food tech assessment mark was high. He's like "so it's going to go towards your UAI?", and I'm like "probably". Then he says "Probably?" showing that he really did think it will. In the end, it didn't, and it isn't even my lowest HSC mark, but I'm assuming it didn't go towards it because it scales pretty bad. I think I got cocky a little about how well I did throughout the year and I assumed I did well in the exam, so I kind of deserve that result. I wasn't that disappointed, though, since my maths HSC mark (which I thought I went really bad it) made up for it.

thanks hamo

HSC
Tennille- I know what you mean-
all year i was getting 100% for my assessment tasks and nothing below 80% for the exams, so I thought I was cruisin for a band 6, only because of that attitude i didnt study it as in depth as my other subjects under the guise that 'I already know that stuff...' In the actual HSC they questioned stuff that I hadnt even heard of before- (eg: drivers? i had never heard of that before) -so I made it up, my mark was still good, but it could have been better- but my music mark (like your maths) was heaps better than I expected, so UAI wise, I think that made up for it a little bit.

damn over confidence...

kittycat552

i really enjoyed this subject throughout the year because we had a great teacher. but i don't miss the 45 page assessment tasks (they were never shorter) and the tired eyes at 7am Monday morning (after having been up all night completing the task). anyone remember these feelings?

thanks hamo

HSC
god yes
The food product development one- 3 project books full of info/hand drawn pictures/visuals/graphs- and a whole lotta bull shit about target markets- but, I loved food tech, coz high quality balderdash earned really high marks :)
But, how I remember the 4am, varying to 6am I think was my latest/earliest one... why again did we leave it to the last minuet?
My excuse- coz it looked easy- piece of cake. Then id start it and realise all the crap that acctually had to go in it.
So yes, I cant totally sympathise.
Im doing a B Science- Food Tech this year, so im gonna do them this year- on time... maybe.. :)

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
tiney225 said:
i really enjoyed this subject throughout the year because we had a great teacher. but i don't miss the 45 page assessment tasks (they were never shorter) and the tired eyes at 7am Monday morning (after having been up all night completing the task). anyone remember these feelings?
I remember my food product development one. Mine was 76 pages long! It took so long (as you could imagine). But I enjoyed food tech. I had a wonderful teacher and even though I might regret doing food tech as a course, I don't regret the great time I had with my teacher and the class.

thanks hamo

HSC
My sign in name "thanks hamo" is after my food tech teacher (sad ey?) but she was the best! she believed in me and all that support stuff. I cant wait to tell her I got into Food Tech, I think she'll cry.
I wasnt even doing food tech at the start of year 11, I swaped from buissnes services and from then on it was my fav subject, partly coz of my teacher, that whole facuilty was awsome, coz i did hospitality as well, so I was always in that block.
Remember the Australian Food Industry assessment, that was hell long, and we had one on Yogurt- I never knew there was so much to know about yogurt, but apparently, I was un-enlightened...

tennille

HSC
My teacher was pretty cool too. Our class had this thing about "Farmer Joe" because she kept on using it as an example when she explains something. Then our class bought her an actual farmer joe gnome thing. You should have seen the reaction on her face. I still keep in touch with her. I have her email address and mobile number. I'm going to miss the classes...

kittycat552

the nutrition assessment .... *shakes uncontrollably* was a biatch for me cause it was worth 40% and i wanted to make a good impression for the last ass. i wrote aboriginal and torres strait islander about 3000 times (got 96%). thinking about last year is getting me down about the whole moving on from yr 12 thing... but i guess it's a positive thing to start a new part of your life.

anyhoot, i wish you all the success in the world in what u want 2 do

newy uni... good choice thanks hamo!
usyd...go get em tennille

thanks hamo

HSC
I did obesity for my nutrition assessment- and i think had to choose my words so carefully- that was my 100%er
I miss year 12 too. Im gonna miss that cooshy environment of taxing the food tech rooms microwave/oven/fridge/freezer whenever... BUT new times, new experiances and new people- yay for change! no, saying it didnt help- im scared shitless...
BTW- my food tech teachers fav joke was this:
"What did the mushroom ask the tomato?
Wanna go out with me, coz im a fun-gi"
fun guy- aaaah, the good ole days of food tech...
YAY for Newcastle Uni- Im at Ourimbah, yay for 1 hour train trips! (looking at maybe transfering into Nutrition and Dietetics with you Tiney, or Teaching/Design Tech- depends on if I like Food Tech as a science- if i do, ill stick with it :))
and USYD- not too shabby at all!
Best Wishes to you both!
THx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)