For All Who's Stressing, Here's An Idea (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
They will occassionally give you one (1) mark for writing the formula, depending on the type of question. You would never be awarded more than one mark.

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
They will occassionally give you one (1) mark for writing the formula, depending on the type of question. You would never be awarded more than one mark.
i guess that is still one mark...

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i've been told that if u draw a sketch or do the formula u cna still get one mark even if u stuff the rest up...so thats pretty good...

but the best advice is KNOW HOW TO USE UR CALCULATOR!!!!

i dont...i had to get a new one and now im stuffed... oh and make sure u got good batteries in ur calc too...lol

eagle4

HSC
N/A
another way u can do it is when you are reading through the paper, put an 'A' next to the questions you know you can do, put a 'B' next to all the questions you think you can do, but it will take time, and lastely put a 'C' next ot all the questions you have no idea about. then when they say start, you go through and do all the 'A' questions, then the 'B' questions, and then if you have time left do the 'C' questions.

this way you are not wasting time on the 2nd question if 3 and 4 are easy to you. do the easiest ones 1st and you will do well. u might even find question 10 easier then 9, so use this method and u can also do that formula method. u will do well

eagle4:cool:

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by eagle4
another way u can do it is when you are reading through the paper, put an 'A' next to the questions you know you can do, put a 'B' next to all the questions you think you can do, but it will take time, and lastely put a 'C' next ot all the questions you have no idea about. then when they say start, you go through and do all the 'A' questions, then the 'B' questions, and then if you have time left do the 'C' questions.
This might not work. You can't usually tell which questions you can or can't do until you actually attempt them.

Besides just how many formulas DO we need to remember? as far as I remember, there ain't many...

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by eagle4
We're not allowed to write during that reading time. Or did u mean mentally put it there?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I remember students in our grade last year indenting the paper with their fingernails for multiple choice questions. :p

Confuzzled?!

HSC
I remember students in our grade last year indenting the paper with their fingernails for multiple choice questions. :p

ahhh...multiple choice questions? we didn't get that!!! :'( General maths did however...*cries*

hmmm..maybe we should get a compus and just..dent the paperwith formulas. lol

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
lol, why cant we have mutilpe choice! thats so not fair...

one thing i hate is reading time....its a waste of time cause you just sit there with a sense of impending doom then its like damn! the doom is no longer impending...its there in full force!!

i dunno why we cant have a formula sheet...a decent one cause there are so many things to remember and most of the time in the heat of the moment with all the stress i usually end up mucking up the formula with silly mistakes...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
one of my friends does that
i mite try it :D

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

one of my friends does that
i mite try it :D
then we might need long and sharp nails! LOL!!!

i don't want sharp nails! coz i usually sit and scratch during exams! LOL....scractch me hand..lol...oh....horrible maths! LOL

enzi`

Originally posted by MinAi
NOTHING beats my 6 x 6 = 12 in my half-yrly exam!

lol...anyway, it'd b good if they allowed coffee to be drunk in an exam :D
what if they allowed students to be drunk in an exam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)