For Math Study.. (1 Viewer)

Juliaan

HSC
I got my friends 2U study folder, with all these notes.

I think it covers every chapter in the textbook, like notes + excersizes.

Do you think its a good idea, that i go over every topic in the contents of my math textbook, since i know study is a more 'do it yourself' thing, opposed to copying others notes. Or will it be a waste of time compared to another method that you can tell me.

And then do past papers. over and over.

Thanks.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
hi there!

with maths copying someone else's notes does not matter so much -- the maths isn't going to be any different (hopefully)!

spend more time doing example questions, as the best way to learn things in maths is by doing them, rather than just reading or copying out notes

hope this helps, good luck for the rest of yr 12 :)

Juliaan

HSC
hi there!

with maths copying someone else's notes does not matter so much -- the maths isn't going to be any different (hopefully)!

spend more time doing example questions, as the best way to learn things in maths is by doing them, rather than just reading or copying out notes

hope this helps, good luck for the rest of yr 12 :)
Ah yeah i see,

though i have tend to not pay attention in class last year, so im a bit lost this year. So should i just do lots of past papers and examples, or should i go through every chapter and write notes on them and formula's etc, or would this be a waste of time?

thanks alot though!

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
Ah yeah i see,

though i have tend to not pay attention in class last year, so im a bit lost this year. So should i just do lots of past papers and examples, or should i go through every chapter and write notes on them and formula's etc, or would this be a waste of time?

thanks alot though!
i would recommend trying to understand the concepts from notes first, before attempting any questions

that way you won't be learning methods to solve questions, but actually have a firm understanding of the maths and so when they give you a tricky question you'll be able to have a decent stab at it

Juliaan

HSC
Alright, I got it now.

1) Im gonna learn all my math first, lul.
2) Im gonna do the practice questions, past papers!

Makes sense, lol. I just wanted to make sure, writing notes on each chapter might waste time. Though yeah, sounds valid.

Thanks alot guys :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)