For those Ex 1 students who cant burn english texts till monday 31st (1 Viewer)

cataleptic

HSC
Yep - I'm in the Extension1 boat too.

Doing Ways of Thinking/The Individual and Society. It's easy enough. It's going to be so much easier to do than English, because there's less texts to know. And only one paper. Still, it's more english I have to sit through.

I'll actually be keeping my Browning texts and notes... I like Robert Browning, I always have. Since before doing the 3U course. So I'll keep them.

I've also kept my notes on King Lear - I did atheistic and Laveyan Satanist readings of the play and I came up with them myself. I'm proud of all the work that went into them. They actually stand alone pretty well - they're pretty damn valid.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
I'm in the extension boat too. Individ. and society. Thankfully, I placed 1st so even if i screw it up, ive been told my mark will be bumped up because of my ranking. Keeping notes because sadly enough, i'm going to be an english teacher and inflict pain on others, as has been done to us. Going to do Browning and Dolls house though, because I decided a long time ago I didn't want to ruin P&P by over-analysing it. Gotta love Darcy.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
argh im trying to forget about ext. i hate it sooooooooooo much. stupid crime fiction.

amy rose

i so know how u guys feel!

i treat eng adv and eng ext as separate subjects also, but as much relief as there is in finishing 2U that freakin extra 1U is laughing in my face so that i still cant honestly say 'ive finished english' DAMMIT.....i cant study for it for awhile newayz as this whole 2U paper has sucked up all my english knowlege for the time being....i do retreat from the global and its the biggest joke of a sbject. the exam should be called 'who can bullshit the most in 2 hrs?'

nwatts

HSC
I love ext1.

Advanced can go to hell.

I'd happily study ext1 for another year.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Ahahahaa, thanks for your sympathy, threadstarter. =) =) =)

Nah, I know how you feel. Advanced is just so... ugh!

rowan brand

l-mercedes-l said:
will anyone else be sitting in an exam room all by themselves doing ext on the 31st. I know i will be. Hooray for placing first of ONE!

OMGN>>>> THATS ME TOO

i am in aa class of two, but the other chick, who is brilliant at teh subject, has special provisions. Two supervisers each... to make sure my left hand dosent help my right hand to cheat? to make sure i dont distract any other students? hrm.

It will be very intimidating.

I can just picture it being like the airline hostess on meet the parents.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
nwatts said:
I love ext1.

Advanced can go to hell.

I'd happily study ext1 for another year.
Me tooooO!!!!! Looooove love love ee1!!! The things we talk about... whoa, so very interesting!!!

foliage

HSC
ztrask02 said:
Extension 1

Extension one is the worst subject I have seen since year 10 commerce. We got so bored we played 2up with a pencil case.
This load of rubbish that they call a subject (I do the individual and society and I'm male, can you tell?) .
austen rox my jocks- go die patriachs with uterus envy

taxman

make poverty
HSC
sixleadballoons said:
yeah, ive got ext, and then drama- thats kinda english too, so i have.. ages. and THEN i have to give my notes to my brother on top of that.

(btw, revenge tragedy has GOT to be better than mod B individual and society- i am going to DIE in that exam. so i wont have to do my last four- yay)
I know exactly how you feel. On a plus note, we'll be the last people in NSW to have finished their HSC's. That, at least, is something.

Mandy101

HSC
I have Extension, but at least Postmodernism is fun! Unlike the misery inflicted by my studies of King Lear... and the ten thousand other modules we had to learn in Advanced.

foliage

HSC
hand up for drama too... :( but u can crap your way through that so easy... and limited competition woot

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
ahh i have ext to do.... and all the fun of indivdual and society 19th century style.

after that, the burning begins.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
cheekyT said:
i sooo kno how you feel we are doing crime fiction as well and its a really boring unit compared to the others hey!
Dont be so sure. May i introduce you to Deborah Tannen, Author of "I just Don't Understand: Women and Men in Conversation"?

Guess the Gendered Lang-ers are on the decline. However, we will prevail. Just remember, PRAY FOR A STORY EVERYONE! FOR THE SAKE OF THE GENDERED LANGUAGE PEOPLE! PRAY FOR A STORY! *Screams and runs out of room, slamming the door with gusto and impressive flair*

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
taxman said:
I know exactly how you feel. On a plus note, we'll be the last people in NSW to have finished their HSC's. That, at least, is something.
hey taxman i still cant access that chicks blog and its frustrating mee.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
The worst part of my day was my history tecaher saying "How does it feel to have finished a subject? Oh wait, you've still got extension..."

I've been pretty slack in extension, but the trials showed me just how much better it is compared to Advanced. 2 hours, one essay, one creative piece of writing (FUN!). Nothing like the hand crampathon of crap Modules. Advanced English can bite my white...well, you get the idea :p.

Lil Clutch

HSC
yeh just to contribute to this convo...i have ext also! yay...retreat from the global. i dont mind ext english papers-like an hour for each part is sweet. imagine if we had an hour for each module in paper 2? that would rock!but not complaining, i was happy with todays exam.
anyway, good luck to everyone. english will be over very soon for us too! (lol, how motivational?) but i have to keep all my notes for my sister whose in year 10 now, so no burning for me.but i really had no such plans. im very organised-ive got notes from like year 9. weird-but theyre all boxed up...i had them all for my sister, but even though she's passed some of those years as well we still havent done anything bout them! maybe i should throw them out? there really is no use for them anymore...is there?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)