for those in uni studying med, what did your study patterns look like in highschool? (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
For those people who are studying med (i think the forum above doesn't really discuss med specifically), but how did you guys study for the UCAT while being on top of school??
Not true most of the time --> you need 94 atar for WSU, 99 for Newcastle, 99 for JCU, 99 (or less forgot) for QLD (if you doing 4u) --> and yet you need high Ucat for all (except JCU) --> focus on Atar if you really want to do med you don't really need a good atar at al

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Not true most of the time --> you need 94 atar for WSU, 99 for Newcastle, 99 for JCU, 99 (or less forgot) for QLD (if you doing 4u) --> and yet you need high Ucat for all (except JCU) --> focus on Atar if you really want to do med you don't really need a good atar at al
I think 94 for wsu is only for students in Greater western syd. I believe if you dont live in GWS, you'd probs need like a 99 or smn

DarkWorld

HSC
For those people who are studying med (i think the forum above doesn't really discuss med specifically), but how did you guys study for the UCAT while being on top of school??
Past papers. I didn't bother with notes for school (except for maths) so it was pretty much just repeated practise until I knew everything inside and out. UCAT is much the same way, got 3180 first time and 3190 second time.

DarkWorld

HSC
JMP and WSU are both 95 cut-off, 90 for GWS students. A higher ATAR doesn't actually benefit you at all.

carrotsss

HSC
what's the cuttoff for rural students?
It’s 93.5 for GWS and rural, and 95.5 for everyone else at WSU. But for CSU (also part of the JMP) it’s 91.5 for rural and 95.5 for non-rural

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
It’s 93.5 for GWS and rural, and 95.5 for everyone else at WSU. But for CSU (also part of the JMP) it’s 91.5 for rural and 95.5 for non-rural
nah it cant be bc theres a whole different entry scheme for rural students (e.g while people in GWS ned around 94 atar, rural need 91.5) theres at least has to be a tiny difference between the cuttoffs

carrotsss

HSC
nah it cant be bc theres a whole different entry scheme for rural students (e.g while people in GWS ned around 94 atar, rural need 91.5) theres at least has to be a tiny difference between the cuttoffs
πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

carrotsss

HSC
yeah but rural students aren't GWS tho
yeah but they still seem to have the same requirement for WSU, presumably because WSU also wants to focus on western Sydney applicants, being a western Sydney university.

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Says on the rural entry scheme section that its a 91.5

so either medentry or WSU is lying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)