Formal Dresses!!! (1 Viewer)

Sarah J

HSC
At least you all remember what your dresses look like- I can't for the life of me!

I put it on layby last month, then walked out the door of the store and forgot even it's colour! The layby receipt says it's opal, so now I'm like, "wtf did I buy?!"

lol. we'll find out at the end of the month I guess ;)

Zarnow

here comes fashion designer zarnows opinion....

like all the rest of you gals... i say wear wat ever colour and style suits u best... no use wanting to wear a cocktail dress if it makes u look huge in all the wrong places!!!!

I wore an awsome hot pink dress with white boob tube in yr 10. i got it from tightrope... cost me a mint!!!!

anyways girls... happy dress hunting. my grad is in 3 weeks, and i still dont have a dress. I might make my own to take my mind off how badly i did in my exams!

Jenjen

Mine is partially based on this $800 lisa ho des i loved (but couldnt afford) so mine's gettig made slightly similar.
Its v. low cut, with a v. low back its 3/4 length and halter with silver things all over it
Like alot of you its more cocktaily

ShirLz

hey everyone...i've had my formal already - 26th of September - it was the absolute best...like u guyz, i didn't wanna end up goin wearing the same thing as someone else...these 2 gurls wore the same - don't think they were too impressed...anywayz have heaps n heaps of fun, coz its totally memorable....n here's a pic of me on the day of the formal...

Attachments

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J
At least you all remember what your dresses look like- I can't for the life of me!

I put it on layby last month, then walked out the door of the store and forgot even it's colour! The layby receipt says it's opal, so now I'm like, "wtf did I buy?!"

lol. we'll find out at the end of the month I guess ;)
good god u make me laugh girl!!
be proud cause thats an acomplishment these days!!

bex

HSC
I have decideed... as of today that i dont care bout the formal anymore! I just want to go, have fun and see where the night takes me.. Im sick of all this structure dammit!

....phew! my lil rant!....

Originally posted by ShirLz
hey everyone...i've had my formal already - 26th of September - it was the absolute best...like u guyz, i didn't wanna end up goin wearing the same thing as someone else...these 2 gurls wore the same - don't think they were too impressed...anywayz have heaps n heaps of fun, coz its totally memorable....n here's a pic of me on the day of the formal...
sheesh as if u had ur fromal already,,
n ur dress looks like a cultural dress.. is it????

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by WaTs 2 CuM AhEd
a lot of schools have their formal at the same time as graduation if not earlier.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
personally i think ppl should wear something that they are proud to be seen in...

i mean u dont wanna look back 20 yrs from now and think "what the hell was i wearing that for!"...

go comfy, go cool and be happy with what you want to wear.
its your opinion that counts, no one elses

bex

HSC
i mean u dont wanna look back 20 yrs from now and think "what the hell was i wearing that for!"...
I think thats half the fun!!

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
lol yea. i wish i was a teenager in the 80s . how funny would the formal photos be !!! :D

ShirLz

Originally posted by WaTs 2 CuM AhEd

n ur dress looks like a cultural dress.. is it????
well i already have - so it happens - dat was the day of our grad so thats da nite we had our formal - its not that unbelievable...

n yeah it is..it was unusual, comfortable, and i thought it was good so all dat matters :D

ShirLz

Originally posted by luigi_000
lol yea. i wish i was a teenager in the 80s . how funny would the formal photos be !!! :D

Lolz, our year advisor changed into her 80s formal dress as part of a gimmick durin the formal....it was soo funny n like so horrendous...pluz she's like a PE teacher as well, so like its a joke in our yr as how she never wears heels n dresses, so then she wore like her joggers w/ that dress - lolz it was one of da many highlites i guess :D

bex

HSC
Exactly! I think cultural style of dress looks gorgeous on the people that belong to the culture.. im not saying that if youre not indian you cant wear a sari or or if youre not german you cant wear those suspenders with floppy whoite shorts and green hats with feathers! I just think it looks great when people dress in their cultural dress..

PS Shirlz im not sure what style your dress was but im sure you looked fabulous!

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
lol hey, yea its so weird seeing PE teachers dressed up, like at speech days and stuff...

ShirLz

Thanks Bex...and to all of u, have like a fabulous time at the formal n i'm sure u'll look absolutely stunnin n gorgeous....n enjoy every moment coz the time absolutely flies!!! :)

PhaT-T

HSC
I just bought my formal dress last week, it's a darkorchid/violet floor lengthed cocktail dress with gems around the neckline... pretty noticeable colour but if u can pull something like that off then go for it...
So what if this season's colour is black, y wood u wna wear wat every1 else is wearing neways?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)