Formal -makes sure (1 Viewer)

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by pinkbella
Am I the only person game enough to go to their formal on their own or what?

For real, who needs a date? What do they do except stand there and make you look straight and desirable...and even so, you aren't really that desirable if you asked them and offered to pay for them...it's kind of like prostitution in a way, esp if you book a hotel room afterwards solely for that purpose...

Hah, I'm getting carried away!
I mean, it's completely different if you're going out with them but if you're not what really IS the point?
i know a lot of pple who are going on their own, but i think i'm being brave by bringing a chick (no i am not gay)
she used to go to my school until yr 10...

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
Originally posted by Weisy

ahh, god I hate formals. With all the recent threads about how to do makeup and finding the perfect partner and taking your friends, I thought it best to conceal my laothing for them...but I want to vent.

The accepted "truths":

(1) We need to pamper ourselves and look gorgeous.
we need to spend hours fussing over what we look like so as not to be 'outdone' by our friends.

(2) Formals allow us to spend time with friends.
there are much, much better ways that don't involve spending hundreds of dollars on tickets and frocks and ties and corsages and then feeling awkward in them because you never see your friends that way usually.

(3) Formals are worth it for the dinner and dancing.
shocking food is not only possible, but probable. dancing is a very scary thought for people who hate it, or have never been coordinated in their lives. And from a female point of view - after the first hour or so of dancing, even trying to walk in heels is fatal

I always feel so spent after formals too, as though I've wasted a whole lot of energy and accomplished nothing.

As always, feel free to disagree...
*stands up and applauds*
No disagreement here!!
You have just summarised my entire attitude to this entire wank of a concept!!

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
You only finish school once, why not celebrate it in style...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)