Forum now open (1 Viewer)

kaytt

HSC
great exam :) i thought that section II would've been on a design though, but oh well.. still good. and question 14 in section III was my choice and i think i did really well.band 6 :D

matttayl

matskiez'
HSC
exam was pretty easy, i was pretty suprised that there was nothing in there about innovation or entrepreneurial activity.

Navin

HSC
Yes I agree!
Section II was pretty random though as in past years the questions don't have to link, whereas in this exam they were all based on "Creative design strategies".
Multiple choice was probably the hardest...

I didn't know:
6) What is the most significant impact that the early identification of needs or opportunities has on a successful design project?
and
8) When considering cultural differences, which of the following would be the main concern for a designer?

Any ideas??

Tom E

HSC
Yes I agree!
Section II was pretty random though as in past years the questions don't have to link, whereas in this exam they were all based on "Creative design strategies".
Multiple choice was probably the hardest...

I didn't know:
6) What is the most significant impact that the early identification of needs or opportunities has on a successful design project?
and
8) When considering cultural differences, which of the following would be the main concern for a designer?

Any ideas??
The whole exam was so easy.

For 6) I put (D), but it could most likely be (B). My dt teacher and I had the discussion and its the only one we disputed about.
And 8) i put (C) as there are different needs in different cultures and the markets would come later, along with resources.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Let me know what you think

jamesishere

HSC
The whole exam was so easy.

For 6) I put (D), but it could most likely be (B). My dt teacher and I had the discussion and its the only one we disputed about.
And 8) i put (C) as there are different needs in different cultures and the markets would come later, along with resources.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Let me know what you think
I didn't really think it was easy :( Q 11 was pretty difficult and the multiple choice was as confusing as ever. As for Q6 I put A but I think ur right that it is B. I got so confused in the exam because I thought well yes the criteria for success will be more easier to generate but then the effect of that will be that the project is more focused so that the more SIGNIFICANT aspect....ah so confusing

eraby

HSC
what exactly were exmaples of creative strategies?
and also with the section three extended response... what were we meant to write about how converged designs affect the social and ethical issues???
thankss

theundefined

HSC
what exactly were exmaples of creative strategies?
and also with the section three extended response... what were we meant to write about how converged designs affect the social and ethical issues???
thankss
Creative strategy is just how they prepare or market thier idea, and/or for their final product. So they're thinking about how they want it to turn out. Things like marketing, or designing. Based on how i observed the question trend (in the next few questions after that), it was leaning towards design processes. So i stated, illustrative, and prototyping--> so that ideas can be put foward to be clarified by the client or consumer, this way it assures that future plans have a direction and can be based around that particular idea, ensuring better success.Converged design question...for me that was iffy, so i did question 13 cus the ethics and saftey was much easier to approach. But question 14, is...based on my memory of th question; about collaborative processes, where two particular designs are put together? Correct me if im wrong...

matttayl

matskiez'
HSC
Creative strategy is just how they prepare or market thier idea, and/or for their final product. So they're thinking about how they want it to turn out. Things like marketing, or designing. Based on how i observed the question trend (in the next few questions after that), it was leaning towards design processes. So i stated, illustrative, and prototyping--> so that ideas can be put foward to be clarified by the client or consumer, this way it assures that future plans have a direction and can be based around that particular idea, ensuring better success.Converged design question...for me that was iffy, so i did question 13 cus the ethics and saftey was much easier to approach. But question 14, is...based on my memory of th question; about collaborative processes, where two particular designs are put together? Correct me if im wrong...
oops i spoke about cognitive organisers etc

Last edited:

theundefined

HSC
oops i spoke about cognitive organisers etc
I'm preety sure u can use that, cus it is still a "strategy", and it is creative. because its organising your ideas so that u can determine which ideas are unecessary to limit ur losses and assure that the best ideas can go forward for better efficiency. Like if u word it well, sometimes u can just say a bunch of crap :)

eraby

HSC

yes that is pretty much what i wrote.. sweet. yeah 14 was majorly iffy, not sure why i chose it.. i wrote two booklets of complete blabber. but oh well.:)

Tom E

HSC
Hahaha yeah totally failed that bit. is that what the whole of 12 was on, or did it have other, similar things too?

theundefined

HSC
Hahaha yeah totally failed that bit. is that what the whole of 12 was on, or did it have other, similar things too?
I think the whole third section, was all about how designs relate with the working environment.
With question 12, i was unsure, it was approachable but i cundnt think of anything that was a "new method", meaning like a newer design, ahah i was timing myself so i picked the most appropiate for me. But for 12, its just talking about how ppls experiences and attitudes towards designs, improves it and how it continues to improve society as a whole. And in the picture it has the safety pin, cork.bottler opener and the can opener, if i were to say small things it'd be like the handles have been improved these days, using soft plastics, and more ergonmic shapes. for safety pin, id say velcro, or other things that have similar functions, cus its easier and safer etc. In a bigger perspective id say, instead of can openers being needed, cans have a built in opening function or even further, ppl have electric powered can openers...haah but it depends on how much u talk.

matttayl

matskiez'
HSC
I think the whole third section, was all about how designs relate with the working environment.
With question 12, i was unsure, it was approachable but i cundnt think of anything that was a "new method", meaning like a newer design, ahah i was timing myself so i picked the most appropiate for me. But for 12, its just talking about how ppls experiences and attitudes towards designs, improves it and how it continues to improve society as a whole. And in the picture it has the safety pin, cork.bottler opener and the can opener, if i were to say small things it'd be like the handles have been improved these days, using soft plastics, and more ergonmic shapes. for safety pin, id say velcro, or other things that have similar functions, cus its easier and safer etc. In a bigger perspective id say, instead of can openers being needed, cans have a built in opening function or even further, ppl have electric powered can openers...haah but it depends on how much u talk.
i chose 12 cos it spoke about environmental issues which im pretty good at (thanks MDP :p) and i filled a writing book with that with no bs. For the picture question, i pretty much spoke about an electric can opener :(

Mattww

HSC
Pretty sure I did Q13 - The impact of designs on society?

I thought the MC was the hardest bit, the rest was just an 'orifice-fest'.

shanshan6

HSC
I didn't like this exam.
It was extremely pre occupied with the Creative Processes and left no room for other sections of the syllabus.
Nothing we really focused on in class appeared in the test.
Some of the multiple choice was easy, but some wasn't so easy, just because there were a couple of answers which could have been right as usual.
I was really disappointed because i usually get in the 90's i know I wont get close for this exam.
Long responces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woops I did the first one. probably wasn;t the best idea.
anyway. verrry disappointed but hopefully went alright.
glad to hear people went well! i thought there was no hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)