Foundation - colour question (1 Viewer)

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
I have really pale skin, but I always find the 'ivory' colour is too 'pink'. My friends also have this problem.

What shade/brand do you use for pale skin?

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Yes, I have this problem too.

What foundation do you use?

Check out brands like M.A.C., Chanel and Shiseido, which have a greater range and can better accommodate light skin.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
There is a foundation that goes on white and adjusts to your skin tone or something, I have no idea what brand but I saw it last week. You could try that, or get two shades and mix them together (I've tried with interesting results...) It might also be that you're not choosing the right tone, like warm/cool, but I don't know. How pale are you? I'm using the max factor miracle touch foundation atm in the lightest shade available and it's really good colour wise.

girloflowers

HSC
i'm very, very pale, and have warm toned(yellow rather than pink) skin, and i use covergirl in their lightest shade in trublend.
however i feel guilty every time i use it as they test on animals.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
mac doesnt test on animals, try their face and body foundation in NC15 (pale yellow tone)

girloflowers

HSC
too dark for me :p

and also- i ain't spenidng that much money on foundation. pigment and my vast MSF collection? hell yes. but i use foundation everyday and i'd be out of pocket in no time.

there's an aemrican brand called NYX that apparently doesn't test on animals and does a seriously pale foundation, so i'm going to beg one of ym american firneds o send me some soon.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
woah how could you be paler than NC15? its perfect for me and i'm pretty much dita von teese white.

i dont think NYX is very good on foundation from what i've heard but if you have friends in the US you should try cinema secrets foundation or graftobian. theyre formulated for film and television but look really natural.

girloflowers

HSC
ohhh i've been drooling over graftobian for ages
and yeah the nc15 just made me look... wierd.
im that shade of pale where you look sick :p

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
yeah, I'm really pale. I never tan ever.
Actually dita von teese pale is a pretty good description. (And I have dark hair too) My skin tone isn't particularly yellow. In fact, it probably is slightly more pink. But all foundation just seem to be too pink. I always get the lightest shade foundation I can find, and it's usually a little too dark.
I've tried Maybelline dream matt mousse in classic ivory. And Covergirl in classic ivory. (Can't remember what specific product, but generally they're all the same.) I've only started wearing foundation recently, so I haven't tried a lot of products.

I might give Mac a go.
They're not too expensive are they?

girloflowers

HSC
not sure about mac foundation but i know a pigment is like $39... that was kind of useless lol.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yeah theyre pretty expensive in aust, but i get my brother to send stuff over from the US so its not as bad. pigments here are $39, there they are $19. its craaazy.

suchi29

HSC
brah i feel ur pain.. excpt im indian okay brown skin.. not to dark but yeh u kno,, its tough..
i luk like fkn icing on cake sumtimes.. till it sinks in after a while .. but what finally DID work for me is mixing two of em together.. ahh im so stupid i didnt think of tht earlier.. ahh..

XD

girloflowers

HSC
i bought some graftobian and cinema secrets- both are great and give awesome coverage :)

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I'm really pale with freckles, and also have trouble finding a foundation that isn't too yellow or pink. I use Maybelline Pure in porcelain ivory and it does the job, even makes me look a bit whiter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)