foundation? (2 Viewers)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
what foundation does everyone use?
what one would you recommend?

i'm on the search for a new one that doesn't give a mad cake-face look.

CieL

HSC
I use a Shiseido Compact Foundation [in I20] when I go out.
It's for more a combination skin type as it isnt dry and loose like powder or crap like liquid..

I don't like caking shit on and I only use it to even out the skin tone.
I personally would not recommend it if you use foundation to hide stuff like bad acne as it doesn't provide an inch of coverage.
It does however, provide a very natural look.

But you'd be looking at $62 for the foundation itself and $20 for the case.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katietheskatie said:
tinted moisturiser ftmfw, and just put concealer on the shit you want to cover up
yep. stila TM with YSL touche eclat and mac blot powder ftw.

but i use revlon colourstay with a beauty blender if i want to look polished. its waterproof and pretty natural looking.

CieL

HSC
Some sales rep smeared tinted moisturiser on my hand and it went brown. Then I never touched the shit again.

Do they come in shades?
Because i'm pale as.

LAmey08

HSC
Yeah they do come in shades.
I use tinted moisturiser because I prefer it over foundation. The one I use is Nivea Visage young 'be beautiful'. Its oil free and has refining pigments so it adapts to your natural skin tone. You can pick it up for $10.

hallelujah.

HSC
maybelline pure is awesome. its cheap (bout $15) and doesnt come out cakey at all. it blends into my skin so nicely :) and coz its water based its good for ur skin too.

Skeeta

HSC
I dont really wear regular foundation anymore... I'm too scared to stray from mineral makeup now.

But the best I'd ever found was "face of australia" tinted moisturiser. Its about $9
They sell it in Kmart and Priceline

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I use Clinique Super Smart (I think its called) its supposed to be able to dry out oily parts of the skin/add moisture to the dry parts of the skin...my friend who is a make up artist chose it for me...I think the shade is pearl because I am very pale

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
how do you guys go about matching your foundation to your skin tone, because I have never ever ever yet found one that's the exact correct shade...it's always like just the tiniest bit too orange/brown/pink/yellow-y/pale/dark. not really noticeable when you blend it in really well but it's not quite the right colour :/ idk, my skin tone is not that distinctive...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i always thought touche eclat was like a highlighter as opposed to a concealer :eek:
the number 1 (pink, sheer one) is a hilighter, number 2 (skin tone, opaque one) is the perfect shade of concealer for me, it works under my eyes, on pimples and around my nose.

i used to use keromask when my skin was worse, its the best for covering up pimples because its designed for actors and dancers.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
how do you guys go about matching your foundation to your skin tone, because I have never ever ever yet found one that's the exact correct shade...it's always like just the tiniest bit too orange/brown/pink/yellow-y/pale/dark. not really noticeable when you blend it in really well but it's not quite the right colour :/ idk, my skin tone is not that distinctive...
i put a big smudge of it on my decollete (sp) and then check myself in different types of light. MAC has NC and NW for warm and cool undertones, so if you're slightly warm (yellow) then you need NC and if you're slightly cool (pink) then you need NW. but dont take any makeup salesperson's word for it, check yourself in outside light, because some SAs are useless...

Last edited:

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Estee Lauder Futurist is the best imo. It's a bit pricey though...

dior1

HSC
N/A
I wear Everyday Mineral foundation (I order it online from the US). It's really cheap and doesn't clog my pores like regular foundation. But when going out and stuff, I find i need something a bit heavier for coverage.
But for school and everyday wear, its perrrrrrfect ^^

sasa-o8

HSC
None of that foundation shit for me. Go tinted moisturisers

lissylou

HSC
The only one i have found to date that really suits me is Innoxa sheer cover, i guess everyone is different and it really is just a trial and error of what suits your skin, but my bestfriend, who is a model always gets told by makeup artists that its more in your skincare on how your foundation will turn out. They say that spending shitloads on foundations is a waste because you really cant tell, and they're all the same. If i found a really good YSL etc foundation that suited me, i would prob buy it too, but innoxa is the best for me.
By the way, YSL waterproof mascara is THE BEST thing i have ever bought!!!

*Baby-K*

HSC
YSL foundation with the brush and conceiler are the best !!!

Waterproof mascara is good too but sometimes abit hard to remove:eek:

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Combination Skin cream as a base, then

Nutri-Metrics Organic Correctique Green Concealing Creme (I seriously recommend this to anyone who wants to hide redness), and finally

SheerCover on top. I love this too, and recommend it to everyone - I know it's expensive but it really is worth it.

But in the summertime I just use Hamilton Everyday Face Light Moisturising Cream (tinted) with SPF 30+ :) and maybe a little bit of SheerCover if i'm going out.

jazzbaby

HSC
use that mineral make up thing... i dont use it but some friends do..and they dont look cakey at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)