Foundations for Ancient Rome (ANHS1601) (1 Viewer)

bogdanovs

HSC
Hey guys im just wondering if there is anyone here who studied this unit and from personal experience would be able to tell me about the lecturer, difficulty of the subject etc.

In school we studied Rome but looked at the time period from Julius Caesar to the fall of the Republic. Is this material covered in ANHS1601 and if yes does it take up a large part of the unit?

Thanks in advance guys :)

spence

HSC
Hey guys im just wondering if there is anyone here who studied this unit and from personal experience would be able to tell me about the lecturer, difficulty of the subject etc.

In school we studied Rome but looked at the time period from Julius Caesar to the fall of the Republic. Is this material covered in ANHS1601 and if yes does it take up a large part of the unit?

Thanks in advance guys :)
Have you checked the subject reviews thread? The subject has been reviewed by myself and a few others.

Basically, the main lecturer is awesome, really funny. And the subject is not hard, but there is a fair bit of reading.

And the fall of the republic is covered towards the end of the course.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
hey I'm kinda bringing this back...

do we need to have done ancient history in high school? cause I'm considering taking it next semester and i didn't.

izzy88

HSC
no there is no assumed knowledge- you don't have to have done ancient at school to do any ancient history courses. The course is lots of fun and I would encourage you to have a go at it! :)

Taskan

HSC
i did it in second sem last yr.

it pretty good, we had 3 lecturers, and all of them knew their stuff pretty well, it wasn't too hard (no epically long essays or anything), and for the most part it was quite interesting.

you don't really need any prior knowledge, so i don't think that not having done ancient in HSC would be a problem.

......so, yeah, its a good subject, well worth trying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)