FPS or MMORPG ? (1 Viewer)

You masculine enough to play FPS games or are you a wuss who plays MMORPGs ?

• FPS GAMES !11!!!!ONE!!11!ELEVEN1!!!

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • MMORPGs! !!11!!1!!

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
OK guys, when my penis falls off, Ill consider playing MMORPG games like World of Warcraft ...

But then, my penis doesnt fall off ... therefore ill stick with Counter-Strike 1.6 / Source ... FPS Games are real games for real men ...

Oh my player name ?

##cstrike_leet_label

Some_Guy

HSC
Id hardly call the guys I know who spend all their time playing CS real men.

Collin

HSC
N/A
FPS, although I can understand the appeal of MMORPG. The only games I've bought in the last few years are FPS: Far Cry, UT2k7, Quake IV, Doom III, HL2 and F.E.A.R. Can't wait for Crysis and I'm also planning to venture back into RTS for a bit with Supreme Commander.

Waiting for the release of Conroe and DX10 video cards.

Korrupt Soul

HSC
Come on FPS is always fun to play with (not every day tho), MMORPG is just a bit too Repetitive, like leveling up, farming, forging, collecting and stuff like that (ZOMG especially low rate severs).
Yay for WW2 FPS111 (Gotta Love that Kar)

tempco

HSC
I've always been a sucker for WWII-based FPS. Ah, haven't played Call of Duty in such a long time. :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I like playing both, but MMORPG would be the one I'd prefer.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
If i'm up for a quickie then FPS is the game.
Otherwise If I have more than 3 hours of nothing then it's MMORPG

FPS gets boring real quickly, MMORPG does take time but you should enjoy the time playing being with a much more bigger community.

I mean playing with a bunch of 32 people gets boring quicker than playing with a bunch of a thousand (or more) people.

Most of the times in mmo's you get to interact with people all over the world, to party with a person from each continent. talk about anything u want like recently "the world cup" or whatever.

nwatts

HSC
I don't play much of either, but when I do have a go at a regular RPG or MMORPG I always have a ball. The amount of time spent playing turns me off from becoming a hardcore nerd.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
FPS are definitely good for short bursts of entertainment, online RPGs are good for long hours at a time. It also depends on what you feel like playing on any given day.

amanmai

HSC
Can't stand either much.

Had a go at WoW and Guild Wars, neither kept me on the server for more than an hour. I got bored pretty quickly. Likewise with FPSs, the first one I finished was Halo and after that, I never bothered finishing them. Sure, they look pretty but I need some better motivation to go around shooting people...

Hmm, that doesn't quote work. I need more motivation to sit down and repetitively shoot people. IE: something like a plot maybe that interests me.

Also, I can be pretty picky. I'm not too attached to being a male protagonist. Simply because most games have a female romance that I'm not too keen on, or some sory of suggestive dialogue that is plain weird (for me). Also, I can relate to a male protagonist or games designed with only a male gamer in mind.

Love RPGs, RTSs (turn based or otherwise), Adventures (point and click!), puzzle (no protagonist whatsoever! Or plot! But usually a good soundtrack.. heh, Lumines. Sometimes totally pointless games do work...).

Thus, Lumines and Neverwinter Nights remain my most played and loved games. Halo is at the bottom of a pile somewhere and the MMORPs all belong to my brother. Though some upcoming FPSs look actually pretty interesting... So, FPS for me because out of the two, that's the most likely you'll find me playing.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Halo in my opinion sucks as well especially the PC version.

A good FPS would be Half Life 2, it's such a long game and extra episodes have been released by Sierra. The 1st one called HL2:Episode One doesn't miss my expectation from the previous one, it's awesome.

To get halfway between FPS and RPG online! play Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory. It's a free game, I usually play on the Internode etpub server. Low latency and 40 ppl.

I also play SilkRoad Online, a MMORPG which is free to play. Several quests can become available per level, your jobs can be Trader, Thief or Hunter. It's pretty analogous to the real-life history of the silk road trade routes, except of course you get to kill monsters and other people.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
WoW surprised me with the number of female players. I remember 10 years ago it was really wierd to come accross a female gamer, but now they are everywhere. In my guild theres about 10 girls active out of about 25 active players so thats a decent ratio for a game. I find its usually older girls playing these games, like 25-35, probably because they are wives or girlfriends of another player and thats how they got into it.

I guess its also a more female-friendly game with female characters and classes not combat-oriented [e.g preist] there are lots of pretty toons e.g human, night elf. And a pretty game environment [instead of dark dank dungeons, zombies, skeletons, "evil"]

Soooooo is WoW the newest big game to strike a chord with female gamers? [ the sims being hailed as a gateway game by every husband gamer]

amanmai

HSC
I think the moment they started having the option to be a female in games which were quite popular, that's when female gamers started to roll out in numbers. RPGs are common favourites for female gamers because of this.

Female gamers don't mind blood and gore so much. I hate being a cleric. Much rather be a fighter ^^ And I find open "nice" environments kind of boring and annoying. I like dungeons! Though not all girls might be like me, I think those are pretty big generalisations.

Urgh. The Sims. Ok for a bit, but not great. I've been gaming since I was two. I introduced my younger brother to Monkey Island, Indiana Jones :) All those lovely point and clicks. I have my dad to thank for it, he wasn't into stereotyping boys for computers and girls for dolls.

There are a lot of girls my age who are real technophobes... it's annoying when the extent of their computer-knowledge is to fire it up and load msn... I go to an all girls school and when my friend and I decided to have a game of AOE on the school network, we had to ask the techies for a bit of help to connect the laptops (they weren't on speaking terms which we later realised to be because they were different game versions). They laughed at us. Never spoke to them again.. except when my BIOS battery breaks.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
My family friend who lives with her girlfriend games all the time together. She's more computer literate than I am.

I prefer RPGs. There's only so much entertainment in FPSs. If there was an award system I'd play FPSs more often, like for Battlefront II, plus it's Star Wars. But I like leveling and finding items in RPGs. I tend to solo and play things by myself.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
RPG games repel me because they are too repetitive ... the very last RPG game I played after Diablo 2 was pokemon ... leveling up ... walking aorund doing stuff ... so boring ..

Then CS provies adrenaline packed fun !

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
f3nr15 said:
OK guys, when my penis falls off, Ill consider playing MMORPG games like World of Warcraft ...

But then, my penis doesnt fall off ... therefore ill stick with Counter-Strike 1.6 / Source ... FPS Games are real games for real men ...

Oh my player name ?

##cstrike_leet_label
...you have a Dance Dance Revolution bar in your sig

transcendent

HSC
N/A
DDR is an iRPG. It means to level up you need to increase your agility and reaction times :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)