Frankenstein and Blade Runner essay plan (1 Viewer)

wagga123

HSC
hey people i was wondering if i would be able to get help with an essay plan for Frankenstein and Blade Runner
i have a vague idea, but im not too sure
thanx
:)

lychnobity

HSC
hey people i was wondering if i would be able to get help with an essay plan for Frankenstein and Blade Runner
i have a vague idea, but im not too sure
thanx
:)
That's great and all, but you haven't really given us anything to actually help with. I need your plan in order to fix it.

wagga123

HSC
well i dont really know thats the thing
i know you need like techniques and stuff but i dont know

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Intro
theme 1 blade
theme 1 frank
theme 2 blade
theme 2 frank
theme 3 blade
theme 3 frank
Conclusion

In each paragraph link the topic sentence to the question and do all the other regular essay stuff of quotes, techniques and analysis.

aaron22

HSC
can someone help me i have the similarities and differences to work with, i need help to structure an essay.

Similarities
Weather/Nature: The weather becomes a quiet metaphor throughout the novel/film. It foreshadows coming events. E.g. The storm on the night of William's murder seems to foretell the approaching despair brought on by the monster. Both Victor and the monster have their emotional state lifted during warm weather. Roy Batty and Deckard are in confrontation and there is darkness and rain suggesting conflict. As Roy “retires” and releases a dove the weather becomes clear and sunny, implying relief upon Deckard for this reason the weather acts as a metaphor upon the feelings of the character.
-Paradox: There is a paradox in the creation in both stories as their initial job was to help society but instead caused society more trouble than benefits. Both creatures become anti-romantics.
Development of Human Feelings:-Both creatures learn to develop human feelings.
Reversed roles:-The role reversal of the human and monster. I
-Creator refuses to meet the demands of the creature.
-Humans become less Human
-Historical Context:
-Social Context
Differences in Frankenstein

• [FONT=&quot]a literary technique[/FONT][FONT=&quot] called “In medias res” to tell the story[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Double Frame Narrative style [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]influence of Romanticism[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The monster as a metaphor of the creator[/FONT]
Differences in Frankenstein

• [FONT=&quot]Bladerunner is expressed as a film[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Irony of humans in Bladerunner[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Use of symbolism[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Life span of the creature[/FONT]

lychnobity

HSC
That's enormous, tl;dr

Tell us what you think, and we'll see if it's right or wrong. Give some specifics. Don't expect anyone to just whip up a plan for you.

How would you do it?

well i dont really know thats the thing
i know you need like techniques and stuff but i dont know
How would you do it? Answer the question.

How do you want to do it?

The module requires students to compare texts (with similar content) in their context and come to their own heightened understanding and significance of each text.

I can't help you if all you want is to be told the answer.

Last edited:

wagga123

HSC
ok so i've gotten a bit of help off my teacher and i come up with this
sorry about the hassel, im just stressed for my trails next week...

so i wanna talk about the similarities with the texts
so stuff like sci-fi genre, humanity, and society
also how the creatures and creators are similar

i not to sure about the differences atm...

also techniques???
not sure which ones to use for them

daniieee

HSC
I did my English trial exam this Tuesday so I'm glad that's over now lol. Yours is next week? Shizzles get a move on!

Make sure you focus on the contexts of both texts, and remember to refer to Frankenstein as a text and not a novel. I came up with a few points of my own about the contexts of Frankenstein and Blade Runner. I figured the teachers would be tired of reading the same thing about contexts so I made up my own instead of using their examples.

Point one - the character of Victor Frankenstein was heavily influenced by the scientists of Shelley's time, most notably, Luigi Galvani in his work in reanimating the inanimate. It is here that the modern concept of the "mad scientist" is formulated.

Likewise, Tyrell also personifies the modern concept of the mad scientist. He's morally blind as symbolised through his overly thick glasses.

Point two - Frankenstein was also written at the height of the Romantic era, and elements of the Romantic tradition in the text are evident in [insert quote here about revering nature, I remember there was quote about "the calm and heavenly scene restored me..."]

Blade Runner was set in a time of widespread environmental awareness, and the scenes of the constant murky polluted atmosphere evidently illustrates the detrimental effects of scientific endeavours on the physical environment

Point three - there was a fear of science in Shelley's time, as evident in the horrific descriptions of the creature.

Blade Runner also demonstrates the dangers of scientists playing God in the creation of life, and the death of Tyrell, Sebastien, possible Chew? The old Chinese man who designs eyes. Their deaths can be seen as punishment for stealing the power of God to give life, much like Prometheus was punished for stealing fire.

These are just quick dot points, like a plan for what's going to go into each paragraph. You're going to have to expand on these points yourself.

Haha you're supposed to be my competitor yet I'm helping you out. It's okay though because I want everyone to do well. At least, everyone in NSW, now that we're in line with the rest of Australia because of the ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)