Frankenstein and the human condition and human experiences etc. (1 Viewer)

dnour

HSC
N/A
Hey guys! I'm really struggling with this question and wondered if someone has done work on it and could send me a similar essay or same question essay or do an essay or anything to help out please... i would really appreciate it
The question is
When considered together, the texts in Module A provide us with rich insights into the human condition. In what ways is the complexity of human experience explored in comparing the TWO texts you have studied for this Module. In your response, make detailed reference to both texts

study1234

HSC
In Frankenstein, you can contrast the morality of Victor with his creation, who has been educated by humanistic values. In Blade Runner, you can also contrast the ironically inhumane humans (e.g. Tyrell) with the superior morality of the Replicants (e.g. Roy). Be sure to also compare the contexts of both texts (i.e. Romanticism and corporate capitalism), as well as their respective textual forms, as it is Module A. Constantly refer back to the key words of the question (e.g. human condition) through specific examples in the texts.

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
You can say the texts in Module A force us to sympathise with non-human creatures, saying a lot about the human condition, that ultimately humanity believes they are almighty, hedonistic (they believe they can do anything), but the failures of Victor F and Eldon T demonstrate that ultimately this isn't the case, humanity is not as superior as they believe themselves to be and no matter how much they pursue perfection, perfection will be impossible to achieve.

Victor F said he wanted to,' Pour a torrent of light onto our dark world', and furthermore said,' A new species would bless me as its creator and source...I would deserve [their] gratitude'.
Eldon Tyrell said,' Commerce is our goal...Rachael [a replicant, symbolic of all the replicants throughout the film] is an experiment, nothing more'.

Yet their sticky ends at the hands of non-human creatures show ultimately that in any given time, be it 1800s Europe or 1980s America humanity will always pursue perfection but will ultimately fail because perfection can never be achieved.

dnour

HSC
N/A
i love you guys! and i love that word hedonistic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)