Frankenstein & Blade Runner HELP! (1 Viewer)

bekaboo

HSC
I have everything I need to start this assignment, but a) I'm not finding any motivation and b) When I do find motivation I have no clue where to start. Anybody want to help??

The question is: Considering their contexts and comparing their values, ideas and language forms and features, how are these two texts still of significance.

Thank you in advance for any help given. =)

Exotic

HSC
Considering their contexts - talk about how they are two different texts, a movie and a novel, from different eras but they are still similar in the sense that they both analyse similar issues. Even though they are nearly 200 years apart, the same themes are still present.

Comparing their values, ideas and lang forms/features - just bullshit about how similar or different both texts are. e.g. different texts (movie/book) but similar themes (amibition/religion/natural disrpution/disharmony/industrialisation). About ideas you could say that as Shelley warns us what could happen if the world keeps evolving as it is during her time, we could end up ruining our environment and Scott is showing us the effects of it (constant rain, no lights, over-industrialised cities etc). Language features e.g. use of slang ( give me more life fucker :) ), "Fiend", "monster"..you could link it to fathers abandoning children, lack of identity...

How are they still of significance - both texts are still relevant today. BR is more relevant to us as it is more recent, but they are both important as the same concepts of crazy scientists, over ambitious geniuses create crazy shit that is revolutionary but could kill us in the long run.

I can't believe i still remember these things lol, it's been half a year. Hope you find it helpful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)