Freaking out due to poor trial results... Can I still achieve 90 ATAR? (1 Viewer)

cricketsimny

HSC
hello friends, I started late in pushing for extra efforts into my HSC preparation.. Just procrastinated.. Now the trials are done and marks are out. Surprise Surprise, I didn't do well.. (Was kind of hopeful that I would have done a bit better than this, but it is what it is).

I am hoping for a low 90s ATAR, is this still possible or just a pipe dream now?

School Ranking: always between 15-20 for past few years

Eng Advanced: 65%// est Rank 120/220
Maths : 88% (91% in trial)// est Rank 18/115
Maths Ext 1: 72% // Rank 45/68
Phy: 65%// Rank 22/32
Eco: 68%// Rank 18/24
Chem: 64%// Rank 62/85

Our teachers are telling us that our school is generally a tough marker and Eng Adv, Chem and Phy we always get moderated up by double digit.. not sure if I can believe that.. However, we generally get 75+ Band 6 in Eng Adv..

Is low 90s ATAR still possible?

thanks a lot

periodmami

HSC
Hey, remember, these are trials. Yes, they are important to your HSC but not as important as the real thing. You seemed to go fairly good in maths, physics and chemistry. (Keep in mind 70% for science is considered good). Just really nail your HSC, work on the things you didn't get correct, and maybe get a tutor if you think you need more help. Talk to your teachers and if you need to cry it out thats ok. Just remember it's only school.

cricketsimny

HSC
Hey, remember, these are trials. Yes, they are important to your HSC but not as important as the real thing. You seemed to go fairly good in maths, physics and chemistry. (Keep in mind 70% for science is considered good). Just really nail your HSC, work on the things you didn't get correct, and maybe get a tutor if you think you need more help. Talk to your teachers and if you need to cry it out thats ok. Just remember it's only school.
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.. appreciate it.

periodmami

HSC
:) Youll do great, respond to me after you get ur atar so I can congratulate your high result! :)

Accurate

clix
HSC
May I asks how that works? I've always been curious how school ranking affects atar.
Sure.

So basically let's say you come 4th in the internals in a high rank school.

But for some reason you screw up the externals and get something like an 80. However that's not your final mark yet.

You will also get the mark of who came 4th in the cohort because you came 4th internally, it's VERY likely the person who came 4th in a high ranked school will get something like a 90+, let's say he got a 94. So you will take that 94.

Your final mark will be (94+80)/2 which is a 87 and hence your marks were bumped up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)