Free Periods Good or bad (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
The year 12s give us death stares as if to say "GTFO outta my study area, noob"

:(

Kanane

HSC
N/A
We don't get free periods at our school.
But I do have one on Friday for a canceled Japanese period due to the reduced class (Lack of numbers) So loner in that "study" period D:

Klutsov

HSC
If anything I think it's better the other way around. Friends distract you from your work, being a loner makes you do your work! I choose to sit by myself in my studies now.
Agreed. if you have friends there, you do anything but work (which is the apparent function of these lessons)

Last edited:

BiancaMaree

HSC
at my school we have a study room which is a classroom just for 11 & 12. we have seperate ones for seperate years.
in our study rooms we all have a desk each & in our frees we just sit in there and do our work which works really really well :D

caniGou

HSC
i have 25 frees all up ! today i only had 50minutes of class... so i came home. my timetable sucks. i reckon they are good but not if you have too many! then you don't have to do your homework at home.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
I like them so far. They mean that I can go home around 12 on Wednesdays and 10 on Fridays. Have yet to use them for actual study or homework, but I'm sure as the workload increases along with my desperation that use shall come into play. :)

PH011

HSC
i have 25 frees all up ! today i only had 50minutes of class... so i came home. my timetable sucks. i reckon they are good but not if you have too many! then you don't have to do your homework at home.
25 frees?!??! :jaw: how can that even be possible...?

bouncingfire

HSC
dont you love it when you get consecutive free periods in the middle of the day? with classes on first and last period :vcross:

sanibby

HSC
I don't have any. I don't think any of the classes in my school have them...

Maybe hospo because they start earlier one morning.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I sadly have no free "study" periods, dam school, reason: doing 13 units due to SORI, unlike some other people who do 12 units (either by choosing an ext 1 subject or SORII) Religion is compulsory, su3ks i noe D: so be happy with what you got and don't complain! lol ;P

klaris

HSC
i have frees on monday and friday afternoons (last period), a few during the week and a long period off on a thursday, before lunch.

:)

with-chu

HSC
I've only got 1 free period per fortnight :(

yeah, probably cos you are in year 11.

I get 8 a fortnight and sometimes they can be pretty damn pointless. Gotta escape the people who have frees with you all the time and distract you.

mioumiou

HSC
yeah, probably cos you are in year 11.

I get 8 a fortnight and sometimes they can be pretty damn pointless. Gotta escape the people who have frees with you all the time and distract you.
I'm doing 13 units at the moment, without any TAFE courses. Some of my friends got LOADS and LOADS of frees just because they're doing TAFE. :(

Sammy2011

HSC
No free/study periods for me and my 15 units :(

My friends who have them complain about not getting any work done, especially those who do a correspondence course....Hard to concentrate and force yourself to work.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Free periods are awesome, wonderful for socializing :D

I get 14 free periods a fortnight (7 Each week) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)