Free Tutoring: Web-Based And In-Person (1 Viewer)

Student Tutors

HSC
N/A
We are providing a free tutoring service for HSC students this year. You will be taught by graduates from some of the best universities in the world, currently we have graduates from Oxford and Cambridge Universities in the UK, Harvard and Dartmouth, in the US and from the University of Sydney and the Australian National University in Australia.

Aside from the tutoring we will also be providing:

Lecture Notes
Problem Sets & Solutions
Harder Problem Sets & Solutions (to really test you).

Currently, we are looking to concentrate on Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering & Physics.

This is a completely free service, but we can only take a certain number of people onto our courses.

Please get in touch if you'd like to register your interest, by sending the following details to teamstudenttutors@gmail.com :

Name:
School Year:
Subjects (for which you would like tutoring):
School:
State:

We'll then get back to you very quickly, even if we cannot offer you a place on our 1-on-1 tutoring service we will be able to offer custom-written notes as well as an "Ask The Professor" option, where you can send questions into some of the professors and lecturers we have helping us.

Thanks. If you know anybody else who may be interested please let them know. :)

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
lol, wow, this sounds great actually ahaha. why so nice for? ;D

Student Tutors

HSC
N/A
lol, wow, this sounds great actually ahaha. why so nice for? ;D
Hi, if you are interested in getting involved (either as a student, who receives tutoring and/or notes) or if you are at university there are other ways to get involved (for example, setting up the branch at your particular institution, helping out with lecture notes/problem sets for the HSCs that you have taken, etc.) please do send us an email.

nikkifc

HSC
Biology, Chemistry, Engineering & Physics.
You do realise that HSC Physics, for instance, is 30% Physics and 70% history, don't you? Furthermore the Physics in HSC Physics isn't that difficult.

Similarly for Chem and Bio.

Student Tutors

HSC
N/A
You do realise that HSC Physics, for instance, is 30% Physics and 70% history, don't you? Furthermore the Physics in HSC Physics isn't that difficult.

Similarly for Chem and Bio.
Hi nikkifc,

Yes we're aware of the actual "hard scientific" content of the courses, but these are simply the courses we have decided to start out with - we will be expanding our resources for other subjects and also extending our coverage to higher levels, i.e. degree level mathematics, or physics.

If there's a particular course you'd like covered please send us an email and we can prioritise those which are most in demand.

undalay

HSC
This seems too good to be true.

Why do you offer this service?
What do tutors/professors gain out of helping you out?

Deathless

HSC
I mailed them like a day ago and haven't got a reply, I will assume they store your emails and then spam maybe?

arcticdbk

HSC
N/A
wat. hoax for sure.

either pedo or some stalker on here trying to gather info and emails from others

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Hi (my names was inserted here)
This is actually part of a much larger project, called Team Student, which was devised at Oxford and Cambridge Universities in the UK, we've since spread out to cover pockets of the US and Australia in terms of members. We're a group of students, graduates and lecturers who want to make access to educational resources far more open, easier and most importantly free.

We all do this in our spare time and have other careers/professions. If you'd be interested in helping out we could really do with a student representative at Newcastle Grammar - currently our biggest issue is getting the word out about what we do - we're focusing on Australian high school students to begin with, then expanding to universities in Australia before bringing the UK and US online too.

Thanks
This is the email i received from the las yesterday.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
ok fair enough, looks more legit than initial thought.. i take what i said back

Student Tutors

HSC
N/A
Would be interested to see what ends up happening with this... still soudns a bit suss.
Hi,

I can see why it seems a little suss. But I assure you that this is not for any dishonest, or ulterior purpose.

I think a copy of the email I sent out explaining why we are doing this has already been provided. This is part of a much larger social enterprise and hopefully that will settle any concerns in the short-term.

Also, if you ask anybody who has genuinely emailed us, I can guarantee that they will not have been spammed in any way at all.

We are planning on sending a message out to those who email us, informing them about whether it's possible to include them in the full scheme this time and we will answer any questions they direct at us, but beyond genuine business about this scheme there will be no emails.

Student Tutors

HSC
N/A
This seems too good to be true.

Why do you offer this service?
What do tutors/professors gain out of helping you out?
This is part of a much larger social initiative to draw together student-related knowledge into one place and to give access to students, professors, etc. to help students globally.

People are assisting the group on their campuses for the same reason that people join university charity organisations, to help others. If you'd be interested in helping out that would be awesome and we'd appreciate an email - but at this stage we're concentrating on testing out the material and resources we have on a small set of students to see whether they are developed enough to launch.

Student Tutors

HSC
N/A
Thank you for all the emails. We will be selecting students for the in-person and web-based tutoring before July and the courses will commence at the beginning of July.

We are working hard to also make the lecture notes, problem sets (with answers) and HSC exam reviews available online - although this is a considerable amount of work and hence, we may not be able to present the entire course as quickly as we teach it.

If you still wish to be considered, please send us an email.

Everybody who wishes will gain access to graduates, professors and tutors in the subjects for questions, though those who are on the actual tutoring course will be given priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)