French band (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have found a great French band to listen to called ‘Kyo’.
My favourite songs are Tout Envoyer En L’air et Une Derniere Danse

I definetly reccomend them.
Can anyone translate what Tout Envoyer En L’air means? Literally, I know what it means, but I was told it has a coloquial, crude meaning that I can't work out. Lol.

tehqueenisdead

HSC
Oooh I love Kyo! I saw them live at the Forest National in Bruxelles last year, they were great. *have all the albums + dvd's*
Even though they're sort of .. a boyband and all my french friends shun me for it, I love them.

Im not that sure, but I think Tout Envoyer En L’air just means to like 'throw everything to the air. To make a right mess of things!?
Perhaps lol.
Sorry. *no clue* Serious off day ^^

HSC
That would have been so cool! I can’t seem to find anywhere to buy their albums (except from Amazon and I’m not allowed to) so I am downloading them.

tehqueenisdead

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
That would have been so cool! I can’t seem to find anywhere to buy their albums (except from Amazon and I’m not allowed to) so I am downloading them.
Oh God, good luck trying to find anything around Australia XD
But they have them cheap on ebay! I got some when I was over there, but the rest was off ebay.
But you'd most likely have to go onto the french ebay to find them .. Its not that hard to figure out.
^-^
Tis worth buying them!

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Can anyone translate what Tout Envoyer En L’air means? Literally, I know what it means, but I was told it has a coloquial, crude meaning that I can't work out. Lol.
Doesn't 's'envoyer en l'air' mean to sleep around ?
Does that help ?

tehqueenisdead said:
Even though they're sort of .. a boyband and all my french friends shun me for it, I love them.
They're so much more than a boyband! At least their lyrics have substance as opposed to *coughiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiincooooooooooooooompleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetecouch*
That's why I like French singers - they sing about things that are important and can be used for extension (esp Renaud)

HSC
Yes I love french singers. Anyone know any more good ones- I have a few but ones that play modern music, similar to Kyo?

Thanks for the translations

Yaou

HSC
I don't know if they are really good because I'm not really familiar with this kind of music but I'll try to give you some names of french singers or bands :

"variété" : Renaud, Françis Cabrel, Serge Gainsbourg, georges brassens, Olivia Ruiz, Anaïs...

"rock" : Telephone, Noir Désir, la Mano Negra, les béruriers noirs, les Wampas, , Louise attaque, Dolly, M (Matthieu Chedid), sinclair, cali, ... ...

"raggae/ska" : Tryo, la ruda salska, Sinsemilia, ... ...

French radio stations :
- http://www.europe2.fr/radio/#
- http://www.ouifm.fr/# (rock)
- http://www.rtl2.fr/ (pop rock)

:wave:

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
Or you could listen to Skyrock - skyrock.fr it's more rnb though

Also
-Noir Silence kind of rock "Quand je serai grand"
-Kaïn(they're Canadian so their accent is hilarious) pop (songs include Parle-moi d'toi, Comme une étoile, septembre, superman) ==> not quite as rocky as KYO
-K-maro pop "Sous l'oeil de l'ange, Les frères existent encore"
-Natasha St-Pier is always good "Un ange frappe * ma porte"
-Grégory Lemarchal (winner of Star ac so another pop star) He sings some stuff that is a bit like Kyo's second album... "Ecris l'histoire, Je suis en vie, Promet-s moi"
-Diams is not at all like Kyo cos she's a chick but she is popular at the moment and sings extremely catchy songs. Kind of rap, kind of pop. See what you think - "La boulette, Jeune Demoiselle"
-Vegastar is another rocky band "100e étage"
-Renaud : be warned he is old! But his songs talk about social and polical issues... useful for extension ! "Mon beauf, Deuxième generation" I like him a lot
-Tryo (as said above) "Serre-moi"
-Camille is also a girl, but as we are talking about recommended singers here she needs to be mentioned. My favourite song by her is called "Paris" but the whole of her latest album "Le Fil" is great - lots of improvisation and layers!

el gwapo

HSC
aaah kyo. j'aime bien kyo. et aussi le chanson d'Indochine.. crap I forgot the title. it's the music video with the little kid/s singing too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)