French Continuers half yearly!! (1 Viewer)

JuliaGulia07

HSC
Hello, just wondering if anyone else out there has their Continuers exam this week...mine's tomorrow and I have no idea what do study!!

What is everyone else studying?

Im freeeeaking out!!! Help please

loveforever

HSC
Hi!
I had my exam today.
Two and half hours fulled with French goodness!
Anyway, for French I never know how/what to study either.
Our exam was technically on units 1-7 from our textbook (Tapis Volant 3), cos that what we've done this year.
Umm... I guess look over your textbook and classwork. Make some lists of useful vocab and notes on grammar stuff. I dunno! I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on this!

loveforever

HSC
Ooh I just looked at your profile and you do French Ext!
I have my half-yearly for Ext on Friday.
Joy!
Are you doing Marius and Jeannette? How are you finding it?

el gwapo

HSC
hmm.. half yearly for French. lately we seem to be doing the same texts, same questions to write about, same voices and situations, same questions to talk about in speaking tests.

repetition should do you well. that's the biggest hurdle in learning french in oz. you can't go in the shops and start talking french, unless the shoplady/bloke is french, which is rarement seen

Yaou

HSC
lol el gwapo, I'm arriving in australia next week. Be careful when you'll do shopping, maybe I'll be the french bloke behind the shop desk !! :)

More seriously if you all are interested about talking in french during my stay in australia send me a pm, we can organize this ! It will be a pleasure for me to help you in training your french, as I've already done for some of your mates.

:wave:

JuliaGulia07

HSC
hey thanx for the advice. i wish we had followed a text book properly, but our classwork feels so unreliable because our teacher jumps all over the place.
luckily i have a diff teacher for extension. we're doing Au revoir les enfants, it seems everyone's doing Marius et Jeannette! we had an assessment for extension about 2 weeks ago on the movie and i did terrible in the english part and better in french, so i have to learn all the film techniques and stuff now.
how about you? are u a french speaker?

JuliaGulia07

HSC
i know, the questions are so repetitive! whats funny is that last year it literally WAS repetitive for us, lol our teacher gave us the same yearly exam as she did for the half yearly by accident.
lol i work at a supermarket on the weekends and sometimes we have french costumers and all i seem to be able to say is 'bonjour' or 'au revoir' which makes me sound so stupid!
have u already had your exam, el gwapo?

Last edited:

Yaou

HSC
yeap i'm actually in the west of France (south of Nantes), visiting my parents before going to australia.
I'll arrive next saturday in Cairns for a whole year Working Holiday Visa.
i planned to travel along the east coast from Cairns to Melbourne, where i already have spent a few months 2 years ago ... then I've some australian friends to visit !

Si certains d'entre vous sont donc motivés pour discuter en français autour d'un verre, ce sera avec plaisir !

* bientôt !

el gwapo

HSC
I have mine tomorrow... I already had my speaking exam, so the rest is in order tomorrow.. listening/writing/reading&responding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)