French continuers! (1 Viewer)

yours

HSC
What did you think of the exam?

The masterchef thing was interesting haha, but the listening was so full of stuff! It took me extra time to get it all down... though no 'language techniques' questions which was nice =)

was the guy writing the job application trying out to be a camp counselor?

what did you say for the question about the guy who did the fire extinguisher "farce" and had to see the principal? apologise and... uh, maybe they'll forgive you?

I picked the question about arguing with a travelling friend because we didn't see eye to eye.

Overall a fair exam, but a bit long.

Last edited:

jks1994

HSC
I found it pretty easy. Didn't think it was that long. Yea the master cheff one was a bit weird but easy to understant which was good.
For the fire extinguisher one i said he should apologise and tell his parents, got about 3 subjunctives in so was happy with that.

yours

HSC
I found it pretty easy. Didn't think it was that long. Yea the master cheff one was a bit weird but easy to understant which was good.
For the fire extinguisher one i said he should apologise and tell his parents, got about 3 subjunctives in so was happy with that.
what did you say about 'mathieu' and his personality for the 'A table'?

jef94

HSC
happy its over! and the listening just went on and on!
what do you think will get band six?

yours

HSC
happy its over! and the listening just went on and on!
what do you think will get band six?
I know, I think it was nasty to put a 4 marker then two 5 marker questions, because they all required the length/detail of a 6 marker. I think they did this because there was no 'refer to language techniques' part. I couldn't fit my writing in those tiny spaces so I ended up covering the page in ink from top to bottom!

It's really hard to know what is needed for band 6! I know one of my teachers said they decide it differently each year depending on how everyone goes in the test, but there's no real knowledge about french and how it alligns/scales compared to maths and english.

jef94

HSC
Ah OK, do you know how many do it in the state? / how many are native speakers... i'm so jealous of them!

yours

HSC
Ah OK, do you know how many do it in the state? / how many are native speakers... i'm so jealous of them!
native speakers? They would have an advantage in speaking and listening but otherwise it's less important, especially since a lot of marks come from the trappings of the test system rather than an authentic knowledge of French (though personally I think they should just make an Open High school background speakers course, rather than lazily bunching the natives with the non-natives, because, frankly, it's not fair) Don't worry about it! How many people in your class? Ours was 9 or something

Last edited:

isabellatres

HSC
Uni Grad
i was legit confused by that nadine listening question.
All I got was Thierry was depressed and thought he was fat and so he saw an agency(?). And nadine was like "you're not fat. follow a balanced diet and exercise. you're young" and then she complained that instead of tanning next to a pool she would be looking after him.

Or some shit like that.

That fire extinguisher one was hard to get to 200 words though...

yours

HSC
i was legit confused by that nadine listening question.
All I got was Thierry was depressed and thought he was fat and so he saw an agency(?). And nadine was like "you're not fat. follow a balanced diet and exercise. you're young" and then she complained that instead of tanning next to a pool she would be looking after him.

Or some shit like that.

That fire extinguisher one was hard to get to 200 words though...
same I put the points you did but I didn't understand all of it.. kept tuning in and out and it was so long! I thought it might've been liposuction (lol?) even though he was like 22 but they only talked about a beauty operation

isabellatres

HSC
Uni Grad
native speakers? They would have an advantage in speaking and listening but otherwise it's less important, especially since a lot of marks come from the trappings of the test system rather than an authentic knowledge of French (though personally I think they should just make an Open High school background speakers course, rather than lazily bunching the natives with the non-natives, because, frankly, it's not fair) Don't worry about it! How many people in your class? Ours was 9 or something
We had 7 people. Once girl lived in France for ages, but she's not doing that great - her mark is like 85 or something. Getting psyched for French Extension in TWO FUCKING WEEKS.

cheschirecat

Premium Member
HSC
Hmm the test was alright, only problem is I can't really remember question 6 of listening so I'm afraid I might have accidentally skipped it D:

yours

HSC
Hmm the test was alright, only problem is I can't really remember question 6 of listening so I'm afraid I might have accidentally skipped it D:
from what I can remember..

q.8 = the medecin sans frontier guy who was bad at school then 'changed his ways' (marks 5)
q.7 = the nadine girl and tunesia holiday, her friend wants surgery cause he thinks he's fat (marks 5)
q.6 = was this the neighbour calling up to complain about piano lessons?

q.1 = the 'Pink' concert
q.2 = the school gets vandalised, computers stolen
q.3 = some guy plans to go to switzerland and stands up the girl he was going to celebrate new years eve with
q.4 = the multiple choice about the free service for people with no mobility
q.5 = the girl asking the guy about his job application to be a holiday camp leader and he says he chose the '3 describing adjectives' or something, which were 'sociable', 'conscientious' and I can't remember the other one.

\I'm not sure of the order of Q's 2-5 but I'm sure question 6 was the neighbour who calls up the guy and he's liek 'what is it this time?!' and says she already complained about the loud radio and the barking dog, he ends in like 'you can speak with my lawyer if you have more questions!'

Last edited:

cheschirecat

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you so much! I definetly did that! You've saved me so much stress thank you.

coralie1994

HSC
For the multiple choice, I actually selected the one which mentions 'donations'... what did you guys get?

yours

HSC
For the multiple choice, I actually selected the one which mentions 'donations'... what did you guys get?
I was tossing up between that one and services! They were both correct so it was annoying... I picked services but yeah I was completely caught between the two, it could be either (or both!)

There was also one such question in german continuers! It was a multiple choice and there were two equally valid answers. I really hope both are correct--

cheschirecat

Premium Member
HSC
I was tossing up between that one and services! They were both correct so it was annoying... I picked services but yeah I was completely caught between the two, it could be either (or both!)

There was also one such question in german continuers! It was a multiple choice and there were two equally valid answers. I really hope both are correct--
I'm guessing it was the services one as it seemed to be the main point of the advertisement they just kinda mentioned donations as a side thing.

chloe555

HSC
as far as I know, native speakers can't do continuers french - they have to do background i think. But everyone can do french ext. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)