French Continuers (1 Viewer)

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
Exam's in 1 week! Get pumped y'all.
Anyways even though its a bit late how'd we all go with speaking ?
Stupid examiner kept cutting me off and changing the subject in mine, but overall pretty happy about it.

Last edited:

crowley926

HSC
Actually pretty keen for the exam LOL

Speaking was okay - I got asked a lot of curveball questions but I thought it went well. My examiner was so nice! She was always smiling and never cut me off and she barely changed the subject (we only talked about 4 topics: film, family, studies/employment and travel.)

so yeah same overall it was pretty good (nek minnet band 3)

visakhan1998

HSC
Really worried for reading, :p I struggle to get high marks on it do bad, listening is ok though, btw do u guys have any idea about scaling, so like wat raw mark would be B6?

evasharman

HSC
Speaking my first question was "what do you normally do after school everyday" so i was a bit like yeahhhh just come home and do nothing
I felt like I spoke super fast, got through all the topics though, really honestly though I don't think you can know how you went in speaking haha

visakhan1998

HSC
Hope listening is doable and reading passages are ok! Just can't wait to finish HSC :thrust:

evasharman

HSC
Did anyone else think that exam was harder than normal? Well I think mostly that Clocheville reading was super weird, writing and reading and responding were fine. Listening felt like not enough time to respond!! What did you all put for the multichoice?

mnxo

HSC
Found it harder than previous years! So worried about that second text!

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
Did anyone else think that exam was harder than normal? Well I think mostly that Clocheville reading was super weird, writing and reading and responding were fine. Listening felt like not enough time to respond!! What did you all put for the multichoice?
Omg yes!! It was so hard! (Slight exaggeration but still). Both my parents are french so thats saying something, definately harder than the previous 5 years anyway, they were no help. For the MC i think i put C (the people around) but wasn't sure between that and B (the parents). Oh well too late now. Yes the clocheville one was wierd and what on earth is musicot fidèle ?musicot isn't even a word and fidèle means faithful. Wtf someone explain what they meant ? Apart from that it was mainly the wording of the questions that threw me off like; 'account for the girls fashion thingo' like do they want me to say ? Argh ! Writing was fine (my biggest strength) so hopefully that will make up for it...

mnxo

HSC
For the MC i think i put C (the people around) but wasn't sure between that and B (the parents). Oh well too late now. Yes the clocheville one was wierd and what on earth is musicot fidèle ?musicot isn't even a word and fidèle means faithful. Wtf someone explain what they meant?
Also chose C. I think musicot fidèle was a musical therapist. I really stuffed up the Clocheville one!

evasharman

HSC
I also chose C.
It was about using music as therapy and she combined her love for psychology and music... very left of field reading, I feel like you'd have to know that music therapy is a thing haha...

Clocheville was difficult - I found it hard to talk about just the 4th paragraph. The thing about the title was tricky, I just said to a great extent it was applicable as the town acts as a window in the cultural development and the past... yeah I didn't really know haha, I thought it was definitely harder than previous years

I did technology for a day for the writing - my short 75 words one was so weird, I wrote about a girl who went to a Chinese class for the first time and she feels like her ultimate goal of going to China is becoming a reality and she has a crush on the teacher... I have no idea what part of my brain it even came from

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
Yeah i got the bit tht it was about using music to do therapy, but I have no idea why they would call that a 'musicot fidèle'. There's probably reason, I just can't see it. Maybe musicot is some combination of music and something ? Idk any ideas ? And where does the faithful bit come into play. I have no idea, any ideas ?

Last edited:

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
I also chose C.
It was about using music as therapy and she combined her love for psychology and music... very left of field reading, I feel like you'd have to know that music therapy is a thing haha...

Clocheville was difficult - I found it hard to talk about just the 4th paragraph. The thing about the title was tricky, I just said to a great extent it was applicable as the town acts as a window in the cultural development and the past... yeah I didn't really know haha, I thought it was definitely harder than previous years

I did technology for a day for the writing - my short 75 words one was so weird, I wrote about a girl who went to a Chinese class for the first time and she feels like her ultimate goal of going to China is becoming a reality and she has a crush on the teacher... I have no idea what part of my brain it even came from
Yep I also completely bullshitted my way through the title one. Said something about how it is accurate in the sense that it displays the utopian-like city, but calling it a window implies you can't go there only see it, so it's not entirely appropriate since they talked about how its population increased...
Not sure if french or advanced english...

Flume

HSC
predictions for b6 cutoff? what is it usually?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)