From Tafe To Uni (1 Viewer)

Intelligence

HSC
Hey people. i know there were threads like these already made, but ill make another one hehe.
Im just curious and worried because i really want to get into Uni.
I didnt get in with my Uai but im going to start Tafe soon [this month] and i was wondering whether i could transfer from Fitness course at tafe, into a UWS course - Applied Science [Sports and exercise science].
And if i can what would i be required to do.
Cause i wish to do it earlier if possible. so is it possible to try and get into uws from cert 3. or do i have to atleast get a cert 4 and what not.
thanks guy n gals.

HSC
i know of someone who wanted to do what you were doing, before they dropped out of tafe or something? eh anyways, chances are you wouldn't be able to get in on a cert 3 alone. you will probably need a diploma to get into uni.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Ye as said you might need a higher qualification like a diploma. I have friends which have gone to uni from tafe by doing a diploma and i know one that went to uni after first session of tafe, as his marks were real good, but they are diploma courses.
But hey try it out, uni is not as fun as it seems and i reckon unis are more easy going then the past on accepting students.

HSC
Intelligence said:
Hey people. i know there were threads like these already made, but ill make another one hehe.
Im just curious and worried because i really want to get into Uni.
I didnt get in with my Uai but im going to start Tafe soon [this month] and i was wondering whether i could transfer from Fitness course at tafe, into a UWS course - Applied Science [Sports and exercise science].
And if i can what would i be required to do.
Cause i wish to do it earlier if possible. so is it possible to try and get into uws from cert 3. or do i have to atleast get a cert 4 and what not.
thanks guy n gals.
I completed a diploma in Fitness and a diploma in Strength and Conditioning (2 years) at tafe and applied/got accepted into UWS this year. I also got accepted into ACU...
I know of a few people who completed their cert IV and went on to study at the ACU - but most completed at least one diploma and got into uni. I think with UWS you'd probably just need to pass the course, otherwise you'd probably need distinction+ to get accepted into UNSW or USyd.

Enjoy TAFE mate, cos it was definitely the best time I've ever had while studying lol.

Intelligence

HSC
wow thanks alot mate
so tafe is aye?
is it hard stuff. the fitness cert

HSC
Studying Sport and Exercise science at the moment...

Intelligence said:
wow thanks alot mate
so tafe is aye?
is it hard stuff. the fitness cert
Fitness was a breeze. Which TAFE will you be going to?
Basically it was all about playing games, how to conduct classes/group sessions - along with basic anatomy and fitness testing. 'twas great fun.

Intelligence

HSC
ill be going to Loftus
uhmm so if i do cert 3 and 4 - will that help me with uni
like will it prepare me for uni or even take off a yr of b. of applied science [sports and exercises]
?

HSC
Intelligence said:
ill be going to Loftus
uhmm so if i do cert 3 and 4 - will that help me with uni
like will it prepare me for uni or even take off a yr of b. of applied science [sports and exercises]
?
Yeah, probably in terms of anatomy and physiology it'll help out. Not sure about the rest yet though I'm pretty sure all the practical stuff will be useful in the uni degree ie taking skinfold measurements, blood pressure, conducting fitness tests etc. I am yet to find out...

And regarding 'taking off a year' of the degree...lol...apparently tafe isn't up to the uni's standard so no it will not. You'll have to start it from year 1. It may be possible later on in the course to get a couple of the subjects credited but not an entire year. Trust me, after completing 2 diplomas I thought I'd be able to get something taken off...unfortunately not.
But then I guess it's all good for revision and expansion on the knowledge you've already gained.

Intelligence

HSC
oh thats okay i dont mind. im not in a rush or anything
the only thing that scares me is the fact that i didnt do anything for 8 months.
like once school finished i didnt do shnit till now, so im affraid of being lazy and not taking it seriously
or not studying etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)