fronline/the simpsons (1 Viewer)

survivor

did anyone use an episode of the simpsons for their related material with frontline such as the homerbadman one??

do you think it would be a good idea to use this one or not??

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didnt but someone was talking about it. using the simpsons would be fine, i just don't know the episode ur talking about

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Homer gets accused of sexually harassing a woman, although the allegations are false. The case gets blown up by the local media. Homer tries to clear up his name by going on a 60-minutes sorta show called "Rock Bottom", but the interview is cropped and edited to make it all seem more exaggerated. Homer eventually clears his name through a video of the ordeal, secretly taped by Groundskeeper Willie.

Sorry, I just saw "Simpsons" and I was in :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Did you notice the clock in the background?
Hahah!

"I just wanted her sweet, sweet, sw-sw-sw-sweet ass"
something like that.

That was so funny :D

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
"warning. dramatisation. may not have happened"

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I'm not doing it .. im doing "powerplay" but looking over it, yes i think it could relate

Viper

HSC
My advice to you would be to be careful when looking at the TYPE of text you are using. It has been made clear that our related texts must be a variety. This means that an episode of the simpsons would not be appropriate as it is also a TV / MEDIA text type. Personally, i wish we could do it, as the show "Spin City" is perfect... Think about it... "Spin" City.... Oh well... I come up with all these great ideas that i cant use cos of the variety of texts rule.

Anyway, i hope this answers your question.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
also be careful using cartoons as related material, my teacher is a senior HSC marker and she said cartoons can be looked down upon, because their not credible..so try using stuff LIKE (this is just an example) the children overboard pic (from the tampa incident), how it was doctered to tell a totally diff story than the whole pic

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
On a semi-related note, is it valid to use semi-theoretical discourse? In my trial, I used the works of Michel Foucault and Edward Said as my supp.texts, discussing the relationship between power and knowledge/truth presented in their works.. Just wondering, because I haven't heard of anyone else doing similar..

Auron

That episode is really funny. I used the 'Who shot Mr Burns' episode for a powerplay text. Sorry, anything to do with Simpsons should definitely be used for english.

Crezzo

Simpsons is sooo kool. It would be great if we didn't have to change with a variety of texts, seeing as though they r both television shows and both satirise the media manipulation genre

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)