frontline and why it is CRAP (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
out of all the modules this year... i just dont understand the whole 'telling the truth' module and in my trials i stuffed up the question majorly and my related texts were just... shit

guys i totally need ur help wit dis module and i need some advice on wat related texts to use, im really desperate and need help really badly!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
just remember about how the media can change something to make it seem true but its not really..
like, my teacher told us to remember the children overboard pic
what they showed us was....but we needed to see
....................................................****
***..............................................****
***..............................................****
....................................................****

without the fullstops

if that makes any sense

Last edited:

veg

frontline is enjoyable. out of all my modules, i enjoyed frontline the most. at least we could view our texts with some sort of laughter.

Batman

hipsta jess, i really did not understand that at all. im so lost. if this was a cartoon my head would explode right now

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ok well i had a problem with this module in the beggining because i was taking it as though media lie and actually MAKE UP the stories and that what they are trying to teach us through this module is that we shouldnt take anything that we see in the mdeia seriously... i was very wrong however

thing with this module is that the media will manipulate the truth, exaggerate, use peoples emotions and so on to make a story which they think is interesting to the public and hence get ratings.. so its not that when you see a current affair story that it isnt the truth... its just that the truth may be, and usually is, found beneath what we are shown... so some of it is true we just have to be careful how we take the story...

for instance they will, through the use of music, sound effects and 'vision' make a story appear more emotional and try to gain their audiences sympathy etc etc... am i making sense? and they will always show some sort of womens interest story about weight loss or foods etc so that they can enuser that they HAVE that audience.... its not to say that this weight loss story isnt true... its just the way they go about it they make it seem MORE than it really is....

ok what kind of supp? well you can pretty much pic ANY a current affairs program, pic a story and talk about that... talk about how they may focus on a mothers distraught face to gain their audiences empathy, they may be using a trivial issue (such as a neighbourhood who doesnt recycle) and make it appear as something of much more relevance and importance....

if you need more help ask but im gonna stop for now because i dont know if im making any sense

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
basically if you want to know the bare minimum (like me),

learn each episode and how truth has been distorted for the purpose of ratings.

then learn the techinques used to achieve it.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
guysi agree that frontline is enjoyable i find it hillarious and i can see how they have manipulated the truth but i just suck at this module... i would of came first overall in the trials if i hadnt stuffed up this section... i got 11.5/20 for the question I HATE THIS MODULE

Azariel

THis is where being a drama student heps me out. What you've got to wrote about in this module id the techniques thefrontline team use to portray certain ascpect of the truth rather than te full story.
Look at how doc edits the stories and comment of the visual images. What images to the public see as opposed to what they don't see. have a look at the dramatisation the team creates.. especially in Add Sex and Stir. All these images are used to present a certain image.
Use lots of quotes... they'll save your life. back up all your arguments with a quote.
Also mention the hypocrisy of the team and comment on the relatioship between their words and actions. Mike and Thommo are best for this.
That's a pretty basic rundown, just get back to me if you need any further helpies

tororo-kun

ne related materials that i can use for frontline?
the movie "wag the dog" is very hard to find... i still cant find it

Lolliana

wag the dog is fab, check your local vid stores they should have it its a fabulous movie but do remember that ist better if you can get actual examples of real media manipulating the truth
and also a whole lotta ppl tend to use wag the dog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)