Frontline- Can They Ever Ask 3?? (1 Viewer)

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
heyy!! Can the hsc paper ever ask to do 3 episodes?!?!? Could i have an esssay which incoorporates 3! But in each para only 2 epi and 2 related are discussed! Thanks for the input guys!

sinist4

HSC
omg 3 episodes? wtf !@!@!@!@@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@ arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

dam ... i better get a third one ready just in case
it better be worth it... :)lol

Danm999

HSC
they are within their rights to ask you to discuss all proscribed episodes.

Leggs

HSC
i've always thought it best to not prepare it episode wise, but instead do it by subject (like distortion, exaggeration, manipulation) and just use suitable examples from whichever episode, it tends to make the essay better too because you can integrate episodes rather than just focusing on "in this episode this happened" kinda thing...
if that makes any sense?

Danm999

HSC
Leggs said:
i've always thought it best to not prepare it episode wise, but instead do it by subject (like distortion, exaggeration, manipulation) and just use suitable examples from whichever episode, it tends to make the essay better too because you can integrate episodes rather than just focusing on "in this episode this happened" kinda thing...
if that makes any sense?
I agree completely.

Any situation where you need to talk about an episode more than a few sentences probably means your going into worthless decscription. Doing it by themes like this means you can intelligently link in many episodes and not waste time.

For example, if you wished to discuss media manipulation, you could talk about the shots the Frontline team uses from 'The Siege' or Mike's promo in 'We Ain't got No Dames'.

You'd talk about manipulating the truth, scavenge the techniques from this two scenes and be done with it. If you talk too long about a particular episode, your going to get bogged down in storytelling.

aileenli

HSC
^ agree with totally. i thought that we look at 'frontline' as a whole, not individual episodes eg, they ask 'refer to your prescribed text' as opposed to 'use three poems' for harwood.

aileenli

HSC
^ you dont have to wait for them to ask three before you destroy them. why dont u do it now and do us all a favour? i have been wishing every single person in DET a long and painful death for quite some time.....

maybe we should be worrying about them asking us for 3 pieces of related texts rather than two...

Last edited:

Toby_18

HSC
just mention all episodes but focus on two.. you cant go wrong. also good ideas re linking it concpetually rather then by episode. related texts need some explanation but frontline you can just go striaght into talking about the themes and techniques.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Leggs said:
if that makes any sense?
I don't do that. I do it episode by episode, but pick ONE subject highlighted in each episode to focus on. i.e. in We Ain't Got Dames I talk about sexism, in The Seige I talk about sensationalism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)