Frontline Help! (1 Viewer)

smartrosa

HSC
FRONTLINE HELP!!!!

I KNOW the exam is tomorrow... i just need some help tweeking...

I have a number of related texts but they all either culminated under the media and the creative arts (poetry and a painting)

My media examples are about exploiting youth include the article called 'Demonising the youth of today':
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Opinion/Demonising-youth-of-today-tonight/2005/04/12/1113251624108.html

Basically its about Today Tonight exploiting young people.
The other is about Corey Worthington and how A Current Affair completely fked up but first airing an interview where Worthington humiliated Leila McKinnon and how the next week they aired a show following him around and his celebrity agent, basically promoting him. They sound a bit lame, but they work.

Anyway the episodes i was using are Add Sex and Stir and We Ain't Got No Dames. the only problem is what im saying about each episode is kind of a bit over the place and weak.

What should i focus on in each episode that relates to these pieces of media?
This is wat im basically focusing on:
Mike Moore's feigned image/Lying to the public/THe deire for ratings (DAMES)
Exploiting youth/Truth is manipulated/Power of holding truth (SEX)

any ideas?

*Baby-K*

HSC
We were advised not to use any related texts that had something to do with current affair programs

smartrosa

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
We were advised not to use any related texts that had something to do with current affair programs

Realy....? oh crap

But thats what frontline satirises... how can you not comment on it when it is very very relevent to our current world?
I did an assesment and got 19/20 and i used those texts...!!!!!

on no... oh well too late to change now.

*Baby-K*

HSC
If it worked for you in the trials don't change it now.
I am using Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 and an article about Alan Jones
Pretty much Frontline satirises current affair programs but there are actual media articles out there which show that what Frontline satirises actually happens in real life if that makes sense?

smartrosa

HSC
yeh well thats why i think i need help coz my thesis is a bit wonky it will all depend on the question whether i gain or bomb i guess...

its like a lucky dip!

Sam(uel)

HSC
I have four topic sentences which i then go and elaborate on;

Power and authority impedes access to the truth;
- I use smaller fish to fry, whereby frontline targets council workers and refridgerator repairmen rather than multinational companies

Embellishment of the truth;
- The siege whereby Marty embellishes the level of danger and Brooke embellishes the interview

Anchorman/Voice of truth;
- Production of Moore as the trustworthy voice of truth: he appears on Burke's backyard whereby this is proven to be false

Hypocrisy in relation to the truth;
- Reporting on Street Aid charity, while not reporting on Telecom as its a sponsor

Hope that helps you a bit :x

smartrosa

HSC
yeh wat u said is really interesting, they show really good theses about frontline and the media and the truth but are they going to be related/connected to your other texts?

Do we have to connect Frontline to my related texts? i know i should no this but this english module was quite rushed...

can i talk about how they individually related to the question or do i have to relate to episodes etc..?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)