Frontline Related Material (1 Viewer)

Kiev

HSC
N/A
Ok...I thought I had this sorted but clearly, I'm confused :S:S:S With our related material - we only need TWO pieces which relate two the TWO eps of Frontline we will be examining in our essay. Sturcturally, would this ideally involve a reference at teh end of each paragraph linking the concept discussed between the Frontline episode and teh chosen piece of related material? Or is the Rel. Material supposed to be discussed separately?

Then, I'm seeing different types of related material - like current news stories which we analyse from a kidn of Media Watch POV then there are other satirical texts and texts which dicuss issues parallel to Frontline's satire (Fine Line, Wag the Dog...etc). Should we be including one of each category? And what if both texts relate to coverage of the same event- bad idea???

Clarification would be much appreciated :)

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i thought it was 2 related materials to 3 episodes of frontline....

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Sturcturally, would this ideally involve a reference at teh end of each paragraph linking the concept discussed between the Frontline episode and teh chosen piece of related material? Or is the Rel. Material supposed to be discussed separately?
I thought it was better to integrate it all. So mine has been structured like this:

Idea..blah blah...
- how it is shown in Frontline ep
- how it is shown in RM
Link back to idea.

But I'm not sure whether we're supposed to, for each idea, talk about BOTH RM and all 3 (or 2) eps of Frontline - it's really too much to talk about!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
There are 6 episodes that are on the prescribed list for Frontline and you should have a working knowledge of all of them if you can, but to use in exams it is usually your choice of whether you use 2 or 3. Personally I used 3 as it allowed me greater scope, but many people who did well only used 2.

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
try and get different mediums for your RM ie:-
- Fictions/Novels [phaic tan, the da vinci code]
- Songs [media - John butler]
- Film [all the overused michael moore stuff]

and such and such...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
hey guyz i realli need help...
i need a visual related material (like a movie or a pic etc) which related to the frontline episodes "add sex and stir" and "smaller fish to fry"...
plz help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)