• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Full fees for one in three students ... what do we think? (2 Viewers)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
working 20 hours a week is not an excuse, but it does make a difference.
This year at uni, i worked part time and had to travel 3 hours a day to get to and from uni. my friend lived 15 mins away from uni and didnt work, and we got almost exactly the same marks. But whenever i called her she was bluging in front of the TV, and whenever she called me i was working.

Sure, i managed my time better, but it was bloody hard work, and i was tired and cranky half of the time, and couldnt do nearly as many of the social things as she did. As a result, she loves uni and i hate it. so it might not affect your marks so much but it affects your state of mind, your attitude, and your health, all of which, eventually, affect your marks.
so ribbon, i fully sympathise, i know how hard it is to study and work and have a life and keep up your marks. People who havent had to do it really wouldnt have a clue.

Ribbon

Again, scholarships is 1 in 13 students 'such a small minority'? Whats a large minority? 49%?

Considering that 1 in every 3 places is to become full fee paying, yes, it is a very small minority.

You can't honestly think that the number of students who will be adversly affected by the increase in fees is equal to or less than 1/13th of the <student> population?

And Melbournian, when did I make any kind of assumption about your economic background?

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I think I should go rob a bank now :D
Geez, mind if I join ya? I think I'll need it if they are going to have 1 in 3 student have to do Full fee courses at uni :mad:

Kittycat

HSC
I have a question, let's say I want to do a double degree & it is a fee paying course. I have to pay double right? What if lets say I did science & education, how would that work out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)