Future developments of batteries (1 Viewer)

nekobutterfly

HSC
Hi

I am currently doing an assesment and i am having trouble with the last question which asks for possible futrure directions in research and development of batteries and another which asks why they are important ( i know that they are used in alot of things but i can't find enough stuff to write). If any of you guys could give me some pointers it would be greatly appreciated :)

Hannah

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Depends what sort of battery are you looking at.

Usually, future direction of research of batteries can be discussed in relation to the current downfalls the battery in concern.

e.g.

for lead acid, you can talk about alternative chemical combination which uses less toxic/acidic conditions

for silver alkaline, you can talk about reduction of cost etc etc.

HSC
Important
Portable, constant, can be used in small devices for a long period, portable DC power, for use in isolated areas for things like motors, and lead acid is used for storing electricity, also high voltage output, use in cars due to portable nature, lead acid recharged by cars kinetic energy, meaning longer service time.

I was a really bad help, I thought I could answer that better.. Haha Sorry.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I think I've got some points in my research.

For VRB, it's important to improve the portability as well as cost efficiency.

For Lead Acid cell, it's really about the toxicity as well as potential dangers in recharging, disposing, recycling the chemicals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)