Future engineers!!! (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
is UTS good for eng?
I have no complaints - can't go wrong with UTS, UNSW or Usyd for Eng from what i've heard. Just do your research now, and make up your mind - even though people talk of transfers all the time you really wont want to have to redo first semester maths, physics etc. (depends on what uni you are transferring to/from i guess though) and once you've made friends you'll stay... I've had some good lecturers and tutors, some bad ones - i'd say it will be the same case everywhere.

The things i like about UTS are that our timetables aren't as busy as UNSW's, our first semester subjects don't have a ridiculously high failure rate, more relaxed because of the last two points, there is a good mixture of people - both in terms of race and where they are living, transport is so easy, the internships and the fact that later on in the course a lot of subjects are run at night as so many people are part time with jobs at uni before graduating.

What is the most popular engineering in UTS requiring 90+ atar?

EDIT: What is the most popular engineering that people study at UTS requiring 90-98 atar
Civil is the only engineering with an official cut off over 90, one random ICT Engineering course got a cut off of around 95 for this year but only because it was picked by hardly any people (it had no major specified) and people who picked it had a tonne of bonus marks lol. There isn't a whole lot of correlation between atar and course selection - most the coop scholarship people are 95+ and there are people in that with all fields. Then there are people who are at UTS solely for the internships and/or because they have family + friends here or who are alumni. As a whole, i'd say average ATAR around here would be low-mid 80s but that stuff has rarely came up - no one cares. What you will realise eventually is ATAR has nothing to do with intelligence, and neither have anything to do with uni performance.

probjer

HSC
question:
is mining engineering a course in high demand?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
question:
is mining engineering a course in high demand?
For now. Not as secure a job as civil engineering for example, on the other hand there are an awful lot of students studying civil engineering.

DRFTMAN

HSC
you've just got to roll with what your comfortable with and what you're passionate about!!! don't worry about what atar the other people have that are doing the same corse!!! so much good advice being given out on this thread, I'm happy with the replies its gotten, cheers guys anddddddd girl

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Im going for petroleum engineering/UNSW yayyyy :)

Capt Rifle

HSC
Electrical Engineering seems rather interesting. I was thinking about civil until I heard many rumors about it being extremely popular and stuff :(.

Capt Rifle

HSC
I seriously hope there is a bright future for the engineering pathway in life.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Electrical Engineering seems rather interesting. I was thinking about civil until I heard many rumors about it being extremely popular and stuff :(.
Do what interests you, not what is popular/unpopular.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I seriously hope there is a bright future for the engineering pathway in life.
Provided you pick something you're truly interested in, you'll be fine with engineering; the world will always need engineers.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Provided you pick something you're truly interested in, you'll be fine with engineering; the world will always need engineers.
yeah ! the world will always need engineers.

J18134

HSC
So just last night I discovered the biomedical engineering degree. Looks interesting but need to do a lot more research on it. Can anyone thats doing it tell me much about it?

anderscharles

HSC
heroic pandas....... i am thinking of joining the renewable energy sector in this decade so i chose photovoltaic engineering as my first choice but i lack 4 atar points to do the 91 atar cousre at UNSW, you should do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)