Gaining Weight (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
melbournian said:
Just haven't found it as good.
And anything that you can get who supplies to the chemist is automatically questionable (what does the chemist chicks know about gaining mass?). I'd always stick to Vitamin shops/GNC/the net and gyms
I wouldn't use the fact it is sold at chemists as a reason to question it. The girls (or guys for that matter) at GNC and gyms dont usually know much.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Komaticom said:
Drink protein + lazy ass bastard = gain weight (fat)
Drink protein + exercising = gain weight (muscle)

Everyone's happy.
I'm not happy.... because you are talking shit. Your comment makes the process and sport of bodybuilding seem simplistic and easy - of which it is not. If all you had to do was 'drink protein [shakes] + exercise' everyone would be successful.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
melbournian said:
Just thought people might like to know, that GNC has a sale on this week (until Thurs). 20% off + your members discounts.
Thanks, but 20% off at GNC means its still 20% more expensive than the internet!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
which internet sites do you order from?
I dont - cant afford it.

If I did though, probably: www.1fast400.com
Unfortunately, international shipping doubles the price in most cases though! :( That's what makes it too expensive.

Last edited:

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
Most of the time the staff would point you to the product which brings in the highest commission, even if they do really know which one is the best.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
Well thats my point. I wouldnt judge a product by which store its in or what the salespeople say, but rather by the advice of actual gymgoers and bodybuilders.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i actually disagree. regular staff couldn't give a shit about how much commission something earns for the store. any of you who work in any servicing sector job will think the same.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I thought you may be interested in this (from Horleys website):

THE HORLEYS DIFFERENCE

1. All products are true to label - what's on the pack is in the product.

2. New Zealand is a world leader in functional dairy ingredients. Horleys use this expertise to develop leading edge products.

3. Horleys has a product to meet your needs, we offer three different ranges suit your sporting level.

4. Horleys products do not contain any substances banned by world governing sports authorities.

5. Horleys have established and are supported by the Horleys Research Foundation , an elite group of international sports advisors.

6. A commitment to education - Horleys gives priority to providing the right nutritional information so consumers can achieve their sport or fitness goals.

7. Horleys use an independent laboratory to verify the accuracy of our product labels.

8. Quality guaranteed - Horleys products are manufactured in a MAF export quality approved production facility.

9. We are all natural - Horleys supports natural body building.

10. Horleys products are based on credible research findings and top established sports nutrition principals and practices.

They have a few varietys of whey protein, and while their ICE WHEY is better, I'll give you some info. on AWESOME Whey as it is cheaper and probably more widely used:

A superior protein experience off-season or on. Pure NZ cheese-derived whey protein concentrate, 78% protein. Delivers you a complete spectrum of whey peptides which may assist immune and antioxidant functions. Fully instantised, delicious flavours.

Product Features

Two sources of superior NZ whey protein: ultrafiltered concentrate and enzyme hydrolysed concentrate
Full spectrum whey peptides
L-Glutamine boosted
Fully Instantised
No aspartame
Gluten Free

Why is it so AWESOME?

With the highest scores possible for biological availability and protein efficiency, whey protein is the best source of essential amino acids for potentiating muscle growth. Awesome Whey utilises New Zealand’s premium source of cold-processed whey protein concentrate, obtained from the cheese making process rather than mineral acid casein. Cheese-derived whey maintains the integrity of all the whey peptide fractions, including glycomacropeptide (GMP), which have unique biological properties supporting immune function, digestive tract health and antioxidant production.
I sent them an email requesting a lab report of their protein also. So when (if) I receive that I'll post it up if you like.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i had some samples. really liked it. but then again, i'm probably not the best person to judge by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)