Game Addictions? How many people ruin there lives on games (1 Viewer)

OhMaJuck

HSC
hi any1 have trouble with game addictions?
well i think iam

this is my hsc year and i cant help my self from playing games...
i cant play at home unless my parents arent at home and mostly me and my friends goes to net cafe to play DOTA.
Me and Friends Pwned any1, is it bcuz me n my friends are soo pros?

well i cant concentrate on studying.... these days....

i know many people who ruin there lives on games.... espically many former hsc students who ruin there hsc bcuz game addictions such as diablo2exp now Wow.....

how sad can people get .....

spending over 40hours per week..... on a bloodly video games..

and y is it that every1 fully concentrate when they are playing games and not when they study...

can some1 help me out with this GAME ADDICTIONS?
i play roughly like 10-20 hours per week or more when i can..

any1 else has this difficulties?

- L1n -

HSC
OhMaJuck said:
hi any1 have trouble with game addictions?
well i think iam

this is my hsc year and i cant help my self from playing games...
i cant play at home unless my parents arent at home and mostly me and my friends goes to net cafe to play DOTA.
Me and Friends Pwned any1, is it bcuz me n my friends are soo pros?

well i cant concentrate on studying.... these days....

i know many people who ruin there lives on games.... espically many former hsc students who ruin there hsc bcuz game addictions such as diablo2exp now Wow.....

how sad can people get .....

spending over 40hours per week..... on a bloodly video games..

and y is it that every1 fully concentrate when they are playing games and not when they study...

can some1 help me out with this GAME ADDICTIONS?
i play roughly like 10-20 hours per week or more when i can..

any1 else has this difficulties?

It's mainly down to ur self control, playing games can be healthy if u don't over do it, using games in between ur study breaks or going out can be great medicine to solve ur stress level. It's being proven you can have the busiest of lives and still play games, theres hundreds of full time workers who play WOW, Diablo 2 etc etc, and they have a very balanced life.

But net cafe??? i thought net cafe was like yr 9 stuff, can't u play dota at home or something, and just becos ur good at it? u play itmore? dosen't it get boring if u always win against beginners?? 10-20 thats ok i guess but since ur doing ur HSC i would say thats a tad too much if you are getting towards 20hrs perweek. Maybe try cutting it down to about 12 or 14 or less. After the HSC u got 3 months to party, u can go 24 7 if u want.

But all in all, when theres a will, theres a way. Or someshit like that.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
volition said:
you aren't being serious are you?
It's a fairly common story though...

btw 10-20 hrs a week isn't much, you're not in the "problem" zone yet.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i think gaming is out of perspective. When you are gaming instead of writing your report due the next day, thats a problem. If you are gaming a few hours a day after school or work, thats fine.

I have been involved in big arguements over this, and my clincher is always tv. Gamers just choose to spend their leasure time relaxing in a fantasy world were we exercise our brains. The generation above us vegges out infront of the tv for hours each night.

40 hours a week of anything other than sleep or work is excessive though.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Sometimes I think games are alot like drugs. I waste a lot of time and psychological expenditure on suspending my imaginary world.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Hell, it beats the shit out of reality. Or y'know, doing stuff.

watkinzez

HSC
Heh, I'm trying the opposite. Got a copy of Snake Eater that I've been trying to beat for the last couple of months, but never get round to it. My backlog is growing- perfect for post HSC.

paganinio

HSC
\golden rule to solve mental addictions: first realize "this other item is much better than the item I was addicted to", then lay your schedule over many many different items.

let's say I'm really addictive to pretty girls. I can't stop seeing pretty girls. What i'll do now is go play some games, then I'll realize "oh, games are so much funnier than girls." then your addiction to girls is solved but only tempararily. (oh, i forgot your addiction is games, i should've used another example.)

if you're still not getting bored of pretty girls, just turn to spend your time with ugly girls. They're still items in the same category: "girls". You should find ugly girls boring to be with. Then let me tell you this: pretty girls are no different from ugly girls except their faces. And faces really don't make any difference either. then you'll realize pretty girls are just equally boring to be with, if not more boring. They should be more boring because you were addicted to them, you already spent week after week with them.--oh right, it was me who got addicted to girls, not you. actually it's not me either, it's just an example, a universal "you", aka. a universal "me"-- See(See content before the dashes)? there's absolutely no point getting addicted to girls!

if you're only addicted to ONLY ONE GAME, simply go play another pretty game then follow my steps. You don't even have to turn to girls, that other pretty game already solved your addiction.

just replace "girls" with "games", you'll find your way out of this problem. This replacement rule also applies to last paragraph.

now you're only tempararily out of addiction. This is the tricky part. Make a weekly schedule. I recommend this schedule to have 1--1.5 hours for gaming each day, and each day you play different games!(not an excuse to buy more games. Just don't stay in one game for more than 2 continuous days.) This way it's almost impossible to get addicted again. I'm also taking "great" care of the other hours in your schedule. Fill them with your favorite things to do, other than gaming. Maybe you'll even reduce your gaming hours to do those things. However i suggest you stick to a regular gaming schedule, don't add time, and don't reduce time either. I surely don't want my treatment to ruin your interests in gaming.

sorry I shouldn't(or should?) assume a game addicter is a boy. Usually girls don't get such addictions, that's what i like about them---until i find out they don't play games at all. Oh right, you can try getting a girlfriend who hates gaming. She'll force you out of gaming addiction using the powerful female methods.

for me, it's much easier since i don't have addictions to anything in the first place. Pretty girls? I get bored of them real quick. But if i switch between girls, games, TV, music, eating, chatting, exercising, and studying, am I addicted to anything? Yes, I'm addicted to a healthy lifestyle. See? it's way better than your addiction. Trust me, it actually improves your gaming experience. Because we humans are born to enjoy video games in this way.

One neat tip for you to remember: you'd rather get addicted to a schedule than get addicted to a single activity/single game, because a schedule is really way funnier.

paganinio

HSC
a few more things to comment on "Fenris'

Commandments", saw it above my post as a

quote.
Fenris' Commandments
1,Ensure you have a general understanding on all the

syllabus content
2,Gaming/raging is to be restricted to holidays only
3,Failure is not an option
3, Failure's not being an option, but do you have to list it

out? I don't see how that improves anybody's actual

performance. Plus you emphasized the word "not". This seems

equally unecessary, but it does serve the purpose of

boosting moral. Well, it only works when you emphasize "op"

in "option" too. You shout it out loudly like a

rapper on his route.
2.1, Raging means what? Rage Top Fifty~~~ Then it is

broadcast only on Saturdays. There's no way you can see it

on non-holidays.
2.2, doesn't that make you long for holidays too much~~~ a

daily 20-minute gaming schedule worked for me.
1, "general understanding". I don't know if it's

supposed to mean "ensure you don't have any detailed

understanding". If not, why do you emphasize that?

nwatts

HSC
paganinio said:
I re-invent the online language standards. A language any gramatical *no-curses* can speak.
nope youre a dickhead

get out of my thread

paganinio

HSC
nwatts said:
nope youre a dickhead

get out of my thread
it's not your thread.
I knew it when i remembered you said "it's THEIR life", you said.
Though I'm convinced the real thread starter will love me even less.

wow, how about getting into rhyme-fighting addiction~~~your coarse language can be used to rhyme too.
you reply, you make me reply more.
you keep quiet, it'll seem you lose the fight.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
paganinio said:
a few more things to comment on "Fenris'

Commandments", saw it above my post as a

quote.

3, Failure's not being an option, but do you have to list it

out? I don't see how that improves anybody's actual

performance. Plus you emphasized the word "not". This seems

equally unecessary, but it does serve the purpose of

boosting moral. Well, it only works when you emphasize "op"

in "option" too. You shout it out loudly like a

rapper on his route.
2.1, Raging means what? Rage Top Fifty~~~ Then it is

broadcast only on Saturdays. There's no way you can see it

on non-holidays.
2.2, doesn't that make you long for holidays too much~~~ a

daily 20-minute gaming schedule worked for me.
1, "general understanding". I don't know if it's

supposed to mean "ensure you don't have any detailed

understanding". If not, why do you emphasize that?
Everything doesnt have to be politically correct does it ?

Komaticom said:
Arguing over the internet, lol.
Not only is their gaming ruined, but their internet browsing is ruined too LMAO

mr coolerer

HSC
Wow, off topicness...

As for games i have a bit of a problem with games, except the ones i play are tick based online ones, so i can just put it on vacation mode for 3 weeks and come back when the assessment tasks are done. I have spent hours on it when i was ment to be doing assessment tasks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)