Game Development (1 Viewer)

TheStallion

HSC
Am I the only person who's into game development/programming? Sure, there's a lot of people who probably do SDD, but anyone who does it outside school, or anyone who even earns some cash from it?

If so, link us to your website/tell us about the game which you're currently developing, and what language(s) you used to develop it. *keeps what i'm developing secret*

Sonata

HSC
i think majority of games these days are developed via c++, though i think im wrong anyway. VB probably wont take u that far, again im probably wrong on this since i havent done SDD. Just lurk around the internets and u might find sumthing. i too am interested in developing one but i tend to procrastinate and never get started

sladehk

le random
HSC
i mucked around with making Facebook game apps but thats abotu it

Kolefax

HSC
Yeah. It's something i enjoy.
Only, i've only ever done gamemaker 6 and modded my sins of a solar empire.

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
Am I the only person who's into game development/programming? Sure, there's a lot of people who probably do SDD, but anyone who does it outside school, or anyone who even earns some cash from it?

If so, link us to your website/tell us about the game which you're currently developing, and what language(s) you used to develop it. *keeps what i'm developing secret*

I would like to make some money from making games... Atm im just making Gameboy games, from my computer. You can get programs that allow you to make Gameboy games, its not that "flash" and "mad" but its fun and isn't as easy as it seems..

defenestration

HSC
I'm not really interested in developing games, but I am interested in composing music for games (as well as any other visual media really).
I just have no idea how I'd go about finding a game to compose music for.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i used to wanna do this, once upon a time.
i got over it.

But i'd still like to learn how to use maya/photoshop/stuff like that, so i can make my own UT3 custom models. That'd be cool.

K

khorne

Most game devs. start off with modding games...Eg. I've done a fair bit of visual modifications (eg. improved PE's) on games such as STALKER (which suffer from under-optimisation). It's fun...

As for actual game content...Most of it is a mix of C, C++, Python and Assembly (for pipelines).

While most models are done in maya or 3ds (Although I dislike 3ds for model making).

HSC
Most game devs. start off with modding games...Eg. I've done a fair bit of visual modifications (eg. improved PE's) on games such as STALKER (which suffer from under-optimisation). It's fun...

As for actual game content...Most of it is a mix of C, C++, Python and Assembly (for pipelines).

While most models are done in maya or 3ds (Although I dislike 3ds for model making).
wow that's pretty nice! :)

i wouldn't really mind having a go within the aspect of game development as i'm so keen on visual modifications.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Interested but not enough to go learning by myself (I have a bunch of other stuff I'm planning to teach myself after HSC)
I'm doing CS in uni anyway so I'll just go with the flow. Probably going to do game programming as my major too (or AI)

It's every kid's dream to create games. Most people get over it. I never got over it, but it sure did drop when I found out all the other things I could do on the computer.

HSC
Interested but not enough to go learning by myself (I have a bunch of other stuff I'm planning to teach myself after HSC)
I'm doing CS in uni anyway so I'll just go with the flow. Probably going to do game programming as my major too (or AI)

It's every kid's dream to create games. Most people get over it. I never got over it, but it sure did drop when I found out all the other things I could do on the computer.
really? i thought kids would also dream about building robots.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
If I could understand how a computer works, I'd love to make games. Computers are hard.

I gave up and got a Mac.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If I could understand how a computer works, I'd love to make games. Computers are hard.

I gave up and got a Mac.
Erm..If you couldnt make a game on a PC, why buy a over priced Mac to do something you obviously cant do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)