• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Games screwing up your school work? (1 Viewer)

Supermodified

HSC
RGJ798 said:
I really should be studying for my HSC half yearly's but I'm blinded by Halo 3's majesty...I can't stop playing xbox live and is distracting me from my studies.

Does anyone else have simliar problems or solutions besides "omg you nerdz get a leif!"
It's called self-control. Even though I play video games quite a lot, I still know when to stop and concentrate on uni work.

Smithyo

Unleash Hell =)
HSC
danielle69 said:
we have exams next week and i am currently addicted to :
-Bebo
-BOS
-Diddy Kong racing
etc etc
Diddy Kong racing HAHAHHA LOL!!!:rofl:

Foxodi

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
burn your xbox

feel the release when it goes up in flames and relish the idea of a fresh start

quite symbolic

good luck :)
It really is the best thing to do.... I have an addictive personality - and nothing feels better when you delete that game or something, and you can be assured you've kicked a habit which ruins both the hsc and your life.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Foxodi said:
It really is the best thing to do.... I have an addictive personality - and nothing feels better when you delete that game or something, and you can be assured you've kicked a habit which ruins both the hsc and your life.
you know i once logged out of bos for a whole week

yeah

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
Smithyo said:
Diddy Kong racing HAHAHHA LOL!!!:rofl:

ROFLMAO LOL ROFL LMAO BAHAHHAAH HAHAAHAHAHHA DIDDY KONG OMG THATS A MASSIVE FUCKING LOL. OH FUCK BEER WENT OUT MY NOSE FUCK!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
RGJ798 said:
I really should be studying for my HSC half yearly's but I'm blinded by Halo 3's majesty...I can't stop playing xbox live and is distracting me from my studies.

Does anyone else have simliar problems or solutions besides "omg you nerdz get a leif!"
"omg you nerdz get a leif!"

but seriously, as slava said, it's all about balance. we're both pretty big gamers. i play a ridiculous amount of games, but still have loads of time for my girlfriend, going out, uni (where i get very good marks) and work (18 hours/week).

You can try studying away from home: that way you won't have the temptation to play gaylo 3

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
RGJ798 said:

Just balance it. Study first, then reward yourself by playing more Halo 3 :uhhuh:. But if you're going to play Halo 3 all day straight after school then....

UAI <30 4 U.

cartoonist48

HSC
u ppl all have it backwards, it should be that hsc study time is cutting into my game time. not that i am a massive gamer, i'd probably play a game or something for an hour a day, but i do other stuff too. basically, studying is at the bottom of my list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)