• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gangs (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tattoodguy said:
whats the point of this thread?

i know i make some pretty silly threads - but i dont seee any point to this.

who here is asian anyways?

if you want to make this political - are gangs illegal? and should they be?
Yes gangs are illegal, they commit crimes (organised crime)

tattoodguy

i dont think there illlegal?

not all gangs commit crimes.

show me the statue whatever where it says gangs are illegal?

Jonathan A

HSC
tag.twix said:
Im just wondering what are your preceptions on youth gangs.. or any gang ? do they exist ? if so how do you view them ? how do you think they are portrayed in media?.. entertainment and news media..

Gangs do exist. the main problem is the hype of gangs and our fears of them that add to the negative label.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
i dont think there illlegal?

not all gangs commit crimes.

show me the statue whatever where it says gangs are illegal?

No statute exists, but more often than not gangs are there to offend or the consequences of their actions lead to offending. Large group gatherings are also illegal if they loiter.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Which legislation did you find that large groups of ppl loitering was illegal? (out of interest)

Jonathan A

HSC
noneother said:
Which legislation did you find that large groups of ppl loitering was illegal? (out of interest)

Generally under state laws, the area of Public Order Offences, where police have the power to ask such groups to move along.

My point about gangs in my research is there are certain factors about a gang which lead to crime. Isolation, the masterminding of offences. Many gangs which can't mastermind, tend to be frustrated and so they commit crimes of frustration, such as vandalism or assaults. They are also the facet of drug crimes.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
gangs are the losers of society who imitate, what they think, 2pac stands for.
LOl, As you would probably know gangs existed long before 2pac was even born, this includes in Australia

stamos

sellout
HSC
noneother said:
loitering with intent is forbidden under the Crimes Act s114(1)

under s28F of the summary offenses act, police have the power to make groups move on

after the second refusal to move on, they can arrest them and fine them 2 penalty units, which is like $200 or $220 i think

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i remember when i was in year 8 or 9 this asian guy was being teased by some kids
and he used his mobile phone to call up some dudes to come down to school and bash the otehr dudes up
turns out they were part of sing-wa..loll..thats what everyone was saying..
the guy who was bashed up by the so called sing-wa guys was taken to the hospital
was pretty bad

and since that incident mobile phones were strictly banned at our school..because the guy used a fone to call his boys
so yeah...thats my story

Jonathan A

HSC
A lot of these gangs form or flourish in schools, because most gang members do not perform too well in school.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
tag.twix said:
Im just wondering what are your preceptions on youth gangs.. or any gang ? do they exist ? if so how do you view them ? how do you think they are portrayed in media?.. entertainment and news media..
ahaha sounds like a essay question....?

tattoodguy

mr jonathan the legal genius.

Can u please give me a breif outline of what constitutes the crimes of

incitement of a crime.

conspiracy to commit a crime.

accessory to a crime. (before/after/during the fact or whatever)

if you just talk about something non specificly - such as say things like there is good money in drug dealing etc.

if you say to someone xxxx is a good place to selll drugs - is that a crime?

If you are a gang member can that automatically falll into any of the above crimes?
conspiracy etc?

If you say to someone - i know this guy he commmited this crime and made $xxxx - and then someone commits the same type of crime - are you responsible.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
tag.twix said:
what's that yellow moving thingy in your av.? looks like bart without a head o_O :confused:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
what's that yellow moving thingy in your av.? looks like bart without a head o_O :confused:
I think its a yellow monkey

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
mr jonathan the legal genius.

Can u please give me a breif outline of what constitutes the crimes of

incitement of a crime.

conspiracy to commit a crime.

accessory to a crime. (before/after/during the fact or whatever)

if you just talk about something non specificly - such as say things like there is good money in drug dealing etc.

if you say to someone xxxx is a good place to selll drugs - is that a crime?

If you are a gang member can that automatically falll into any of the above crimes?
conspiracy etc?

If you say to someone - i know this guy he commmited this crime and made $xxxx - and then someone commits the same type of crime - are you responsible.
I see legal studies has misled you. In practice, it's very uncommon if you say, a place is good to commit a crime. I mean I could say that myself as a criminology student based on my observations of an environment.

tattoodguy

mr jonathan - im a gun at legal studies i got top 10% for it in hsc, but yeah it was a while ago.

tell me more.

so that doesnt constitute a crime - if you sort of say u can make good money selling drugs etc- u can make good money doing bank robberies.

u know you could joke about something say - we should rob a bank etc etc? thats not a crime hey? when ur just playing around?

is there a crime where u have information about a crime, but u dont tell the police?

whats the rules relating to recruiting children to commmit crimes.

there was a case where some dude he lives over seas, he was shot and his wife and maybe he was a witness to that edward leee dude who got killed - the police want to go and get him ----- even though he is a victim they want to persecute him --- doesnt that discust you? the police ruined the guys life and he is innocent and they are harassing him? or have i missed something.

Telll me the rules legal genius - can the police search ur car randomly?

can they search you on the street randomly?

clarify this for me.

also u know the police they search like 20 peoples homes in dawn raids etc, u know that type of thing - how does that work - one person commits a crime so they go and harrasss and search everyone he knows?

thank you for enlightening me.

tag.twix

HSC
CharlieB said:
ahaha sounds like a essay question....?
charlie; I LOVE YOUR PICTURE !! rofl.. funny 'OWNED'

hahah.. yea its actually my major work for society and culture

im just conparing the portrayals of gangs in entertainment media (young and dangerous haha and long arm of the law) and news media.. and its influence on society and views of different people..

this thread was for news media, just wondering what is the general view on gangs and gangerism

it seems that when the term 'gang' is used its.. it is more likely to be associated with Asians...

as someone already said.. in australia its just th anti-loitering laws nothing else

hmmm the yellow things its just a muppet banging his head ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)