gap year (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
lets just say i want to take a gap year just to relax and mental health idk
then start uni it feels bad bc ill be one year behind everyone in my cohort who started this yr like graduating one year later would also feel bad

and i could easily figure out what i want to do whilst doing my uni degree and worst case i could do postgrad med if i feel like im ready for that then even tho it is so competitive too or otherwise i would just go into the workforce and thats a fair option too so idek atp

realistically the gap year would just be for entry to med via standard pathway but its such a big decision like a whole year what if i dont even want to try for it later or find its not my thing. idekkkkkkk but now at uni im not even loving it rn so idk. IDK

why is life like this

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
fk thats an option too???
im convincing myself against that the only subject i would have to repeat for a tangible difference to my atar would be english and i wont wanna do that but at the same time ill have too much time doing a gap year so u could study english for hsc as well but to be honest for some reason im having a gut feeling against that like i do not feel like doing that at all
its like for someone whos desperate for med through this pathway and i feel like its not worth it for me to try boost my atar by that much also its like already t2 of yr 12 and yeah
you got 99 though, your atar is sufficiently competitive

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
then start uni it feels bad bc ill be one year behind everyone in my cohort who started this yr like graduating one year later would also feel bad

and i could easily figure out what i want to do whilst doing my uni degree and worst case i could do postgrad med if i feel like im ready for that then even tho it is so competitive too or otherwise i would just go into the workforce and thats a fair option too so idek atp

realistically the gap year would just be for entry to med via standard pathway but its such a big decision like a whole year what if i dont even want to try for it later or find its not my thing. idekkkkkkk but now at uni im not even loving it rn so idk. IDK

why is life like this
do you not like your degree?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC

why is life like this
become a garbage truck driver

nsw..wollongong

HSC
not entirely. there are students who got 96-98 atars ik who've gotten interviews and some even getting in.
yeah thats my point, jcu med this yr saw ppl with 96 getting interviews but ppl with 99.95 not getting anything. and they don't even need ucat, so its strange. my point was that atar isn't a good measure to fall back on, ur never safe 😭

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
it really isn't uncommon for people to have no clue what they wanna do with life after hs and gap years do help to figure it out, unless ur rotting in ur room for a year you'll certainly discover things about yourself or find answers or sth during a gap year

I'm a big advocate for life not being a race like if it takes someone a decade longer to reach success compared to ppl of the same age, then that's great, one year is nothing in hindsight

I have a family friend who got 99.7 atar but didn't do well in the ucat (I think that's what didn't get him an offer the first time) so he took a gap year, worked and whatnot, studied for the ucat and got into unsw the next year. it's not uncommon

I just think gap years aren't some magical way to figure things out though

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
yeah thats my point, jcu med this yr saw ppl with 96 getting interviews but ppl with 99.95 not getting anything. and they don't even need ucat, so its strange. my point was that atar isn't a good measure to fall back on, ur never safe 😭
um what ☠are they picking applicants out of a hat

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
if you’re ever worried about how long it will take you to get through uni if you take a gap year, I have a friend who was in uni for 3 years when I started uni, I have now finished uni (4 years), had 2 years not studying and now back to studying a postgrad, and he is still at uni studying a marketing degree.
like he is still studying the same degree he was 6 years ago!

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
it feels like just something im gonna have to do which is interesting n boring depending on the topic but not like u how eco is ur passion
yeah I agree it is a bit boring. It's not my passion tho, I don't plan on doing it as a career, I just find it interesting

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
it feels like just something im gonna have to do which is interesting n boring depending on the topic but not like u how eco is ur passion
guys i figured it out
im different
special if u must
not like all of the rest
i must be destined for success

time to start my entrepreneurial journey and drop shipping side gig

i wasnt made for the typical 9-5 bourgeoisie life

my bucketlist will involve more carbon emissions than even taylor swift

(im not schizophrenic btw)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)