Garden Hose material (1 Viewer)

rajeenth

HSC
Hi, ive been given this question from an assessment based on landscape products.

A typical garden hose is made from a three piece composite. There is a black polymer layer on the inside, a green polymer layer on the outside and some cloth like thread woven into the outer layer. Find out what each material is and what is its function (why is the material chosen?).

Would anyone be able to give notes or something about the material in garden hoses, ive tried but cant find any.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
rajeenth said:
Hi, ive been given this question from an assessment based on landscape products.

A typical garden hose is made from a three piece composite. There is a black polymer layer on the inside, a green polymer layer on the outside and some cloth like thread woven into the outer layer. Find out what each material is and what is its function (why is the material chosen?).

Would anyone be able to give notes or something about the material in garden hoses, ive tried but cant find any.
well....first research about each polymer i.e black and green....when research and writing out the answer talk about the advantages of ploymers as a material used in landscape products also the properties of this material and through these properties assess the effectiveness of these material and make a judgement to why you think they would have chosen ploymer i.e. good wear or something like that also u might ring up the local council for some information about hoses....

thehootman

HSC
I think the reinforcing thread is nylon, and the other polymers i have no idea about. I imagine there is no generic garden hose polymer; they are made out of varying materials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)