Garrett considers banning plastic bags (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
scarybunny said:
Meh. So use reusable bags (which are stronger and bigger anyway), and use those biodegradable garbage bags. They're not expensive and are also bigger than plastic bags from the store.

They're plastic bags. Hardly the cornerstone of civilisation.

zOMG he's gonna charge us extra!! $1 per bag!! COMMUNIST AUSTRALIA!!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Major retailers have calculated a minimum 25c charge would add an annual $650 million to the national shopping bill - or at least $156 for each shopper.

$156 would be enough to send some of the shoppers around here homeless :eek:

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
You're screwed if you can't pay that extra money .... shit, ppl will be carrying everything with their bare hands if they really have to. Reusable plactic bags are probably the go, and those cotton bags that you have to pay for the first time around.
Mehh...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
The environment bags can be used what everytime you shop. So lets work on shopping once a week. I'm figuring 10 bags will do.

That's $10 in bags that should last the year...That's about 19c/week in bags.

Figure in 10 plastic bags (although sometimes more). That's $2.50/week in bags.

It'll work out cheaper if this 25c levy comes in.
exactly.

and if you really really really truly cannot afford this, surely you have a bag-like object or ten of some kind around your home that you can use to do your shopping. schoolbags, pillowcases, the cat carrier, whatever.

it's really not a huge deal.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
exactly.

and if you really really really truly cannot afford this, surely you have a bag-like object or ten of some kind around your home that you can use to do your shopping. schoolbags, pillowcases, the cat carrier, whatever.

it's really not a huge deal.
lol @ cat carrier.

Sum ppl are gunna do it tuff :( tho. Culd b the the line in the sand for sum. After a yr, it will probly begin to show.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
You're screwed if you can't pay that extra money .... shit, ppl will be carrying everything with their bare hands if they really have to. Reusable plactic bags are probably the go, and those cotton bags that you have to pay for the first time around.
Mehh...
more likely they'll just steal more trolleys

boris

Banned
HSC
there was a trolley down the road from my place yesterday
it's only about 1km to the nearest woollies

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
more likely they'll just steal more trolleys
lol yeah. when lots of trolleys go missing in my area, there is like a bounty on them. "Find and return a trolley and you'll receive $X"... i'm still yet to find one that isn't completely wrecked from hoons riding down the street in them.

boris

Banned
HSC
you dont get the money, your name goes into a barrel with a heap of other hacks

boris

Banned
HSC
Okay, Supermarkets should just make a day when they're going to provide green bags for free. That way everybody can just rock up and be like 'lol got my free bags' and maybe set a maximum of 10 bags per person AND THEN NOBODY WILL HAVE AN EXCUSE.

Fuck off though, sif they're that expensive. You accumulate mang, you buy one or two everytime you go shopping and eventually you have 20 like me.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Because buying 15 green bags per year is really that horrific.
Originally Posted by boris
Okay, Supermarkets should just make a day when they're going to provide green bags for free. That way everybody can just rock up and be like 'lol got my free bags' and maybe set a maximum of 10 bags per person AND THEN NOBODY WILL HAVE AN EXCUSE.

Fuck off though, sif they're that expensive. You accumulate mang, you buy one or two everytime you go shopping and eventually you have 20 like me.
I meant the plactic bag fee - 25c to $1 per bag.
I wasn't talking about the actual price of the green bags.

But yeah, it would obviously bring people to buy the reusable green bags to avoid paying that kind of fee everytime they shop. And in return, save money in the future. Like Katie buying the reusable bags, and accumulating them over time.

Last edited:
HSC
I dont think we should even have bags, only large baskets, which we rest on our heads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)