General Discussion of Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Troller

Lol
HSC
Ok thanks guys, I as just interested in knowing if I should do it or not. My teacher is pretty good I reckon. We basically finish all the topics this term and he said we would practice essay writing / short answers for the rest of the year since we're only in year 11 so we don't have the same level of Ability as say a year 12 person.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Ok thanks guys, I as just interested in knowing if I should do it or not. My teacher is pretty good I reckon. We basically finish all the topics this term and he said we would practice essay writing / short answers for the rest of the year since we're only in year 11 so we don't have the same level of Ability as say a year 12 person.
How the hell will you manage to finish all four topics in one term? :S Am i reading something wrong here?

Examine

same
HSC
Sounds like a plan. In that case for tutoring it really depends on how you feel. If you believe you can maximise your marks during term 2/3 then go for it, though if you believe you need to refine you essay writing/exam technique then maybe do the monthly tutoring thing.

How the hell will you manage to finish all four topics in one term? :S Am i reading something wrong here?
I think it is all 4 topics in 2 terms (last term and this term). Which is achievable although there'd be quite a lot of work.

Troller

Lol
HSC
Sounds like a plan. In that case for tutoring it really depends on how you feel. If you believe you can maximise your marks during term 2/3 then go for it, though if you believe you need to refine you essay writing/exam technique then maybe do the monthly tutoring thing.

I think it is all 4 topics in 2 terms (last term and this term). Which is achievable although there'd be quite a lot of work.
Yeah it was Loads of work but I studied basically 4-5 hours in the holidays, and now we're just going over the stuff we had problems with. And yeah I'll probably go tutoring closer to trials and the HSC exam to brush up and see if I missed anything

Examine

same
HSC
Yeah it was Loads of work but I studied basically 4-5 hours in the holidays, and now we're just going over the stuff we had problems with. And yeah I'll probably go tutoring closer to trials and the HSC exam to brush up and see if I missed anything
If you maintain that, then you'll get a really nice mark. I did 30 mins - 1 hour a day and up to 2 hours a day a week into exam periods.

Last edited:

Troller

Lol
HSC
Yeah I study at least an hour a day mostly doing the Multi choice website and going over the content again

Examine

same
HSC
I'd say yes, because it covers Qantas really elaborately.

Troller

Lol
HSC
Got our Half yearly notification. we have to write and memorise 4 essays and we have to write essays for the two questions that they give us on the exam day.

Examine

same
HSC
Got our Half yearly notification. we have to write and memorise 4 essays and we have to write essays for the two questions that they give us on the exam day.
Sounds quite decent. The mark distribution shouldn't be too much since you can prepare for the assessment.

What are everybody else's Half Yearly exams like?

Also good luck guys.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Sounds quite decent. The mark distribution shouldn't be too much since you can prepare for the assessment.

What are everybody else's Half Yearly exams like?

Also good luck guys.
Just basically like any trial or hsc paper, 20 multiple choice, a few short answers and 1 multiple choice which will be on finance.

DarrenPhiLuong1

HSC
Hey examine can i pm you for those other past papers from like sydney boys, st ignatius etc?

Troller

Lol
HSC
If the questions asks about global financial strategies when expanding overseas do you talk about all financial strategies or just global financial management?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Is Finance any more interesting than Marketing and Operations?
I have done finance and operations and in my opinion finance is significantly better. Its more concept based with the ratios which is good from the regular rote learnt content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)