General Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Multiple choice was good. Short answers were good.

However then we get to the essays. Ecosystems at risk essay needed 2 ecosystems (only ever done previously in 2001), but luckily I had 2 but I'm sure some people will have been caught out.

For the urban dynamics question, and 2 urban dynamics, this is not in the syllabus, with the syllabus only asking for a close case study of one, not 2.

Economic activity was a local economic enterprise as we correctly predicted. Question could have been worded better thoguh as I'm sure some peopeie will have nterpreted it wrong.

Thoughts?

eli173

HSC
OMG YAY I'M THE SECOND PERSON TO WRITE IN THIS THREAD! i wanted to start it but nooooooooooo, someone else did >:-( .

yeah i agree they shouldn't have asked for 2 case studies on urban dynamics, i only studied one in depth so i had to bluff a bit.

I like the tourism one, think they wanted us to mention the recession and how that's going to affect visitation numbers.

GBR....hmm rate of change? I didn't really know how to word it properly. talked about human and natural changes.

MC bit hard. Short answers were good.

Now that i've written an essay describing the bloody exam, im gona go eat :D

emperor90

HSC
short answers and multiple choice i thought were really good

urban dynamics question, i think went quite well, i had a felling they would do a large city in the developed worlds

people and economic activity, i thought was fair, although i think it could've worded much better as you said

ecosystems for me was pretty bad, it was my weekest topic, i had a really good understanding f one but my 2nd was minimal, especially as i wasted 5-7 minutes think about what "the nature and rate of change meant? "
i ddnt get everything i wanted down , and im really dissapoiinted!!!

ohwell

how did everyone else go!!??

Aaron.Judd

HSC
eli173 said:
I like the tourism one, think they wanted us to mention the recession and how that's going to affect visitation numbers.
It was a local economic enterprise. However my enterprise also incorporated a bit about tourism and I wrote a little bi out the financial crisis etc as well as it was relevant to my case study.

billiton

HSC
N/A
yeah i agree... mc and short answers were pretty good
but... essays
i only studied one ecosystem so that fucked me up, i did the biggest bs for the urban places one.. and i suppose the economic activity was alright, bit hard to word though

Aaron.Judd

HSC
For urban dynamics I think I done pretty well. For eocysystems I too didn't knwo the 2nd one as well, althoguh think I done not too bad. For economic enterprise, I think I done okay, but perhaps could have done better.

After seeing the essay questions initally I could have died lol, then I got over it and got on with it. First I spent 6 minutes writing 3 breig essay plans and gathering ideas, then I done multiple chocie, then short asnwer, then the essays.

eli173

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
It was a local economic enterprise. However my enterprise also incorporated a bit about tourism and I wrote a little bi out the financial crisis etc as well as it was relevant to my case study.
My local enterprise was the Sydney Aquarium, so global changes like the recession that started in NY will ultiamtely affect visitation numbers to the Aquarium coz less ppl will want to travel overseas coz its too expensive.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
For me, from easiest to hardest:
urban places -> ecosystems at risk -> economic enterprise.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
eli173 said:
My local enterprise was the Sydney Aquarium, so global changes like the recession that started in NY will ultiamtely affect visitation numbers to the Aquarium coz less ppl will want to travel overseas coz its too expensive.
I done Targona Zoo so same for me about tourists etc.

eli173

HSC
Can someone please post the exam, my stupid skool doesn't let us take it home. fuckin tightasses

r0kstar

HSC
i hated the ecosystems essay!!!
aurghh i only left like 20 mins for it co zi knew i wouldnt b able to do it!
i wrote about natural and human stresses and how sum change is rapid others are slow and how ecosystems deal better with slow, natural stress coz of resilience... is that rite?

loved the enterprise one and didnt mind the urban dymnamics one (altho i didnt study it coz i didnt htink itd b in the exam...)

short answers wer good... bit worried about mc
does any1 hav thr answers for mc and would love to confer? (i dno if thats the rite word)

love

lil-monkey

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
For urban dynamics I think I done pretty well. For eocysystems I too didn't knwo the 2nd one as well, althoguh think I done not too bad. For economic enterprise, I think I done okay, but perhaps could have done better.

After seeing the essay questions initally I could have died lol, then I got over it and got on with it. First I spent 6 minutes writing 3 breig essay plans and gathering ideas, then I done multiple chocie, then short asnwer, then the essays.

i regret not doing brief essay plan for the uban dynamics essay :( , as i had alot of information but it was all over the place. but i hope it was ok.

i think the ecosystem one was really good question, the only problem was that I had too much information and not enough time.(it was the last essay i did)
the economic activity- mine was viticulture at a local winery. when i read the question i first thought it would be a bit hard as not much globally effects the enterprise that i did, however i think i did a good job (hoping)
so happy, study paid off!

m/c and short answers were much easier then past papers.
so happy NO MORE HSC. PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!

staceyreibelt

HSC
For the urban dynamics one, i read that it asked for at LEAST 2 dynamics, so i wrote about 5 of em as i read it as lots??

And what exactly is the nature of an ecosystem? lol
i thought it was just like where they are located and the animals and stuff living there lol? is that wrong?

And the economic question sucked!!!!!

rel91

HSC
umm short answer ay....
well there was that gay english ecosystem one (one q was the vulnerability and resilience...worth 4 marks...then there was another q about a human impact or sumthin like that also worth 4 marks)
then there was the megacities. a) 2 challenges of living (4 marks) and b) 1 response to a challenge (4 marks)
then....there was sumthing about how political and socioeconomic factors affect the spatial pattern of an economic activity (i think that was 4 marks) and some other gay q that i cant remember LOL :p
hope that helps.....sorry my memory is going already..... =)
who else is NOT finished.....
damn jap extension lol....

o and while i am here...i think i like totally failed mc....short answer was actually pretty good and the essays were easy once i figured out wat the q was asking lol....
it took me soooooo long 2 get the ecosystem q (i am not blonde...nooooooo)
well hav fun being finished exams ppl and pity the poor souls like me who still have more....lol..... never do 13 units in yr 12......that is the lesson i hav learnt from this..... :p

sportylake

HSC
lou071 said:
For urban place, the question said
'Analyse the impacts of at least two urban dynamics operating in a large city of the developed world.'
they asked about 2 urban dynamics NOT about the two cast studies

Thankyou! Finally someone who can read too! i got out of exam and half people were talking about 2 case studies and i was like oh fuck im screwed so now im here checking. Few!!! should be ok then.

Worst Exam ever essay questions wise, even some of the short answers were weird - dont they usually have a source or a graph or something too? and im pretty sure theres often more questions for short answer....hmmm oh well i killed multi choice

ant_k

HSC
what were the other two questions? ecosystems and economic enterprise? ta

lilley.matthew

HSC
Regarding the urban dynamics question, as far as i can remember the syllabus has two different things:
  • Impact of urban dynamics (i.e. more than one) on a developed city.
  • Specific urban dynamic in a specific suburb or country town
That's why they asked more than one dynamic.

r0kstar

HSC
rel91 said:
it took me soooooo long 2 get the ecosystem q (i am not blonde...nooooooo)
well hav fun being finished exams ppl and pity the poor souls like me who still have more....lol..... never do 13 units in yr 12......that is the lesson i hav learnt from this..... :p
thanks for short answer q's!!
yeh ecosystem essay was GAY
andddd i do 13 but im finished :D
u just chose the wrong subjects!
love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)