General Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

2008Premiers!

HSC
we had a bad teacher and didnt learn much of the stuff that was asked. Our whole class found the last and first essay question hard. I didnt like the short answers to much. The M/C was ok and the ecosystem essay was great...the one thing we were taught properly so it went good.

I'd say that was probably my hardest test out of all the exams i did.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
staceyreibelt said:
For the urban dynamics one, i read that it asked for at LEAST 2 dynamics, so i wrote about 5 of em as i read it as lots??

And what exactly is the nature of an ecosystem? lol
i thought it was just like where they are located and the animals and stuff living there lol? is that wrong?

And the economic question sucked!!!!!
Same I done urban decay, urban renewal/gentrification, suburbanization, and urban consolidation.

2008Premiers!

HSC
Well is anyone else like me and annoyed. The test for the essays were the same as the 2001 HSC...damn...why didnt i go over 2001 hsc.

2001 HSC questions were:
analyse the human impacts affecting the nature and rate of change of TWO ecosystems at risk.

compare the results of the urban dynamics in a large city from developed world

explain how global changes in an economic activity have affected an enterprise you have studied at a local scale.

r0kstar

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
Same I done urban decay, urban renewal/gentrification, suburbanization, and urban consolidation.
gentrification!!
that was the term i forgot!!!
still used urban renewal tho... and the others and decentrlaisation :)

alex991

HSC
In all honesty... good exam... couldnt be happier... i mean i dont think i smashed the back out of it so to speak... but hey, its a nice note to go out on anyway

adriana08

HSC
ant_k said:
what were the other two questions? ecosystems and economic enterprise? ta
ecosystems...'compare the nature and rate of change that affect the functioning of TWO different ecosystems at risk'

eco enterprise..'explain how global challenges in an economic activity affect the linkages and flows of people, goods, services and ideas associated with a local economic enterprise'

hmmmm..the essay questions took me a while to figure out..but in the end was ok..:rolleyes: mc was great and short answer wasn't bad..was it shorter that usual or did i just think so because its my last exam?? lol

rlmck

HSC
Did anyone intergrate their knowledge of chemistry and biology into the ecosystems questions? hey i study chem and bio
the exam was a great one to finish on
goodluck to everyone who sat this exam

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I'm good at Geography, although I thought the essay questiosn were both harder than in recent years whiel also bucking the BOS's trends. That being said, I've done good, just not sure how good.

annieevans

HSC
that test was soo lame! except short answers were pretty good.
and mc wernt so bad so i guess it was just the essays lol.
the essays were this shittest questions! i hated them

Brad.1990

HSC
lou071 said:
if you wrote about 4 pages for one of the essay, is it bad?
I wrote 21 pages in all,
8 - first
7 - second
and 6 - third

But, I think as long as you answer the question accurately enough, and provide much detail, you should go ok.

No. 5

HSC
ripd the mc and short ans ecosystm esay was :vcross: wtf do u rite 4 it. Urbn dynamix OK tourism could have written heaps more :D

teacher gave us 180 page booklet she made herself on whole sylabus with detailed case studies Made it best exam

Ezzz1990

HSC
For the essays I wrote 22 pages.
Essay 1: 8 pages
Essay 2: 7 pages
Essay 3: 7 pages

I think I'll get around the mid 80s in the exam. I know I got 14/15 on the Multiple Choice.

Ezzz1990

HSC
lou071 said:
how do you know the answers to multiple choice questions?
can u post up?
Sure. :)

1. D
2. D
3. C
4. A
5. B
6. B
7. A
8. C
9. A
10. D
11. B
12. C - This is the question I got wrong. I put B as I was rushing to the short answer and essay sections. And afterwards when looking through the paper I realised my simple mistake. But it can't be helped.
13. B
14. C
15. A

Just noticed that Q4 to 7 spell out ABBA. BOS must have had the movie Mamma Mia on their minds, just jk. :p

Ezzz1990

HSC
lou071 said:
where can u access the answer?
how r u sure that it is right?
It's in another thread in this Geography exam section. And yes they are right.

Ezzz1990

HSC
lou071 said:
but isn't that the answers from student as well?
it can be wrong
I have (and others have) checked the answer and they do match the most correct response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)