• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

General Half-yearly thread HSC 05 (2 Viewers)

line_backer

HSC
So far we have had two exams. English and Maths.

English: was the hardest most unfair exam of all. 2hrs. 5 short answer questions on Journeys and 1 extended reponse and 2 essays on Module A (Emma & Clueless) and B (King Lear). We got like 30 mins for each essay, which sucks because no one could write more than 3 pages for each one. Half the class probably failed.

Maths: 2hrs. 10 questions. Easy. +90%

What exams have you had at your school? How were they?

fakingtheday

HSC
Ah i see, your teacher obviously looked passed the fact that you are meant to have two exams, one modules one area of study. That said:

English Paper one and just finished 2: paper one was tops, worked at a good speed, 90%+ with any luck, paper two a little different maybe, we'll see.

Engineering Studies: What can i say? i love it, it loves me, good fun.

Geography: Good test, well set and structured.

Got D&T and Maths on Thursday and i'm done.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
English: We had to prepare an essay on journeys and rewrite it in the exam (without notes). It was pretty easy.

Maths: I screwed that up. So far we've had 4 teachers for our class and they don't know the meaning of the word "communication", so they're unprepared and we've learnt very little. I'm planning on complaining afterwards since the other classes had a huge advantage over us in that respect.

Food tech: I know I aced multiple choice & short answer Q's but I'm not sure about the essays...one of them was something along the lines of developing a HACCP plan for a sausage sizzle.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Haha I know...I wrote about all that but I just thought it was a strange choice to have, as opposed to say, a cafe or something.

Trev

stix
HSC
I've had so far this term IPT exam - went shat, don't know my mark yet though (could of fluked it....); et c'est tout! Tomorrow however is extension 1 maths, next week chemistry, then the week after extension 2.

Jaydels

HSC
i haven't had any exams yet. My first one is physics on wednesday, which im going to fail because it's prac and processes and I totally suck at pracs. I'm quite sure I'll fail English too. Its an essay for journeys, which isn't too bad, and a feature article for transformations (aagh)

HSC
I've done most of mine

14/3 - English Standard, 1hr extended response on how meaning is created for journeys through techniques on prescribed text, 1 from stimulus and one related text - 10%
15/3 - General Maths, 1.5hrs, alot of people found this either really easy or really hard, but I found it easy - 30%
16/3 - Business Studies, 2hrs, all case scenario questions plus a report at the end, some people really blitzed it, others not so sure, I don't entirely know how I went - 20%
17/3 - SDD, 2hrs, Like maths some found it very easy, some very hard, I found it very easy except at the end we had to write to file and our teacher hadn't taught us that because she's an incompetent monkey - 15%
18/3 - Chemistry, 2hrs, I found it very easy because I studied alot for it, some stuff really I had no clue, but overall I felt confident about it, some people tell me they failed but who knows - 15%

21/3 - English Speech, 3min speech on how my related text
1. speaking in the first person, respond to the quote "A joruney is what causes us to gorw" as the narrator or the main character in the fiction or non-fiction text you have selected for this task.

2. Explain the techniques your text uses to explore the concept or physical or imaginitive journyes. This oculd be in first or third person.

I think I went ok, my book wasn't very good through characterisation into journeys, it had more of a allusion/coda

24/3 - IT, 2hrs, Im not even going to bother studying because its infact IT, worth nothing towards HSC, but if you can't do your HSC task supposedly "they use this as a basis for estimating mark"

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I just had IPT all was good except i am the biggest idiot..during reading time i saw this question on the back of the last page..and i was like must not forget it..well i did and it was worth 5 marks :(

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
We haven't had our exams yet, they start in a week... but my music practical is on Wednesday. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
fakingtheday said:
Ah i see, your teacher obviously looked passed the fact that you are meant to have two exams, one modules one area of study.
No, you're not.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
slide rule why the hell are you online?? its school!!

yet to do halfys at the moment.

I've finished all my exams (cept japanese speaking exam), this is how they were:
English: 2.05 hours - set on journeys - for the essay we needed two skzynecki poems, 1 psb item and 2 related material.....it was pretty good
maths - 2.05 hours - The teacher said this would be as hard as the hsc......well hmm i thought it was WAY easy
economics - 2.35 hours - arghhhhhh i hated that test, i had nothing for both extended responses because our techer told us to study different stuff..... :'(
japanese - 2.05 - alright, but i hated the fact it was on the same day as my....
Hospitality - 2.05 - easy as......it's so general knowledge stuff, untill the extended response, we had two....but yeah it was good
i think now i just have to do my speaking japanese exam but that is only 10 mins so i dont really count that.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
exams after easter weekend

my exams start on tuesday with 2 unit maths
then adv eng on wed
thursday off
fri ipt

2nd week
mon business
tues off
wed legal
thurs normal skool
fri normal skool n last day of term

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Mine this week:
IPT was Monday
English Thurs

Nxt week
French Tuesday
Italian & Legal on wednesday
Friday French speaking

Nxt week afta that Monday Italian speaking and IPT prac
Then bak 2 skool tue-fri...then hols

DanielleM

HSC
just finished all my exams today! yay!
english- was ok - comprehension was a bit icky
re 1- fair ok/ easy
d&t- easy
cfs- stuffed up- exam was too long didnt finish in time
business- easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)