General maths..how did you go???good or bad?? (1 Viewer)

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
michael1990 said:
Same. I hope everyone who thinks they did badly go well and everyone who thinks they did great to go bad LOL
LOL!!!!

I would agree with that, but then a friend of mine found the exam great, so her mark will affect mine; in that case i hope we all do well; we should really be cursing those BOS hags

:argue:

michael1990

HSC
NEVAGIVEUP said:
LOL!!!!

I would agree with that, but then a friend of mine found the exam great, so her mark will affect mine; in that case i hope we all do well; we should really be cursing those BOS hags

:argue:
Should we plant a bomb?

Also, my calculator hasn't died since year 7!!!
And it worked today (had a spare just in case, but didn't need it)
YEAH BABY!

UNZPME

HSC
mhay1306 said:
wat do u think about the gen maths exam?

i srsly didnt expect it 2 be lik this lik i sed its no wer near similar to eny other past papers it was a challenge especialy the cheese and the last question oh well lets hope i get inthe 70-80's:rolleyes:

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
michael1990 said:
Should we plant a bomb?

Also, my calculator hasn't died since year 7!!!
And it worked today (had a spare just in case, but didn't need it)
YEAH BABY!
Anything that will result in annihilation; just like how they annihilated my uai!!

I dropped my calculator 5 times before entering the hall and on top countless times at home; never has that ever happened; it was a bad math aura; even the aura hates math

I needed a calculator; thanks for rubbing that in my face :D

SoullessAngel

HSC

Omg I loved this exam!

Everyone left my school saying they found it hard
But i didnt think it was at all... =]
Hope everyone else felt they went well in it

:)

haydezats

HSC
mine wasnt too bad

ofr the simpsons rule on i did:

h/3(0+4a+b) + h/3(b+4a+0)

Dunno, thought I'd post it to open it up a little.

Nothing really got me too bad:D

calsta

HSC
haydezats said:
mine wasnt too bad

ofr the simpsons rule on i did:

h/3(0+4a+b) + h/3(b+4a+0)

Dunno, thought I'd post it to open it up a little.

Nothing really got me too bad:D
simpons rule thing was easy, but wat the hell was the go with the (ii) that was fuked.. wat u get?

haydezats

HSC
calsta said:
simpons rule thing was easy, but wat the hell was the go with the (ii) that was fuked.. wat u get?

i fuked that one and wrote a paragraph on it nd slipped in that it wood increase by 2 aswell. ahwelll

Annalisee

HSC
I thought since it was 4a+2 then b would be 2 divided by 4, 0.5? lol
most likely wrong but better than nothing.

pazzlepop

HSC
"The only one I wasn't sure about was
28. b) i)
Find an expression for the area of the cross-section using TWO applications of the Simpson's rule.

I just wrote out the formula twice lol

h/3(4a+b)
h/3(4a+b)

then talked about how they needed to be added together?"

its just h/3(4a=b) + h/3(4b+a)

pretty sure thats how it went. dunno what the frick was with the rest of that question though

Alraith

HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHA nice pazzlepop no need to write it out twice, i didn't do the exam but i'm pretty sure using two applications may have ment use extra values.

I can't remember the simpsons rule but u can use as many values to make it as accurate as u want.

So it isn't like h/3 but rather something else.

eli173

HSC
warnieisthebest said:
killed the exam. it was easiest maths exam ive ever done. i finished with 45 mins to go and went through and checked it all and was extremely happy. left the exam with 20 mins to spare.
Well aren't you great.

eli173

HSC
The BOS can go fuck them selves. Basically the way they see it is, they establish a curriculum that goes for two damn years, then when they set the exam, they just ask whatever the hell they want - usually the shit we spent like one period on- and then they say that we should have studied harder! Well the BOS needs to take its head out of its ass coz that exam was fucked, there were two graphs that weren't in any of the exams from 2002 - 2007. There was hardly any trig, like one question on spherical geometry and about a million questions on financial maths and probability.

Now that i'v had my rant, i'm going to burn my textbook.

kristykouture

HSC
eli173 said:
The BOS can go fuck them selves. Basically the way they see it is, they establish a curriculum that goes for two damn years, then when they set the exam, they just ask whatever the hell they want - usually the shit we spent like one period on- and then they say that we should have studied harder! Well the BOS needs to take its head out of its ass coz that exam was fucked, there were two graphs that weren't in any of the exams from 2002 - 2007. There was hardly any trig, like one question on spherical geometry and about a million questions on financial maths and probability.

wow yeah my school is totally the same y'know one period on bullshit. wow. you're cool. but yes I AGREE FUCKED UP EXAM

kristykouture

HSC
SoullessAngel said:
Omg I loved this exam!

Everyone left my school saying they found it hard
But i didnt think it was at all... =]
Hope everyone else felt they went well in it

:)
wow maybe you should do extension maths

BecciBoo

HSC
eli173 said:

I agree, like what was with the random z-score graph that we've never seen before. And the last part of the simpsons rule question sucked. And Julie's home loan. It was heaps harder than the past few years, everyone agreed. :(

Teegs123

HSC
for the cheese one, i drew a diagram and put the measurements i found on the diagram?? is that still an expression??? LOL and i thought it was 7am for the timezones question too.

songs4thesadman

HSC
it was midday for the time zones one.
it told you to ignore timezones, but that doesnt mean that you ignore the time difference
well. at least i THINK its was midday

but that home loan one really screwed me up. i couldnt figure out why i couldn't get anything even close to what the answer should be
but then i realised that i hadn't put my interest rate into decimal form
and i realised right at the end and i got half way through fixing it when they said pens down
i was SO angry lol.
but oh well. nothing i can do now.

that graph thing with the z-scores was something we learnt. i remember it cos everytime it got bought up no one had any idea about it.
i had a graph thing for it on my wall before the trials. It wasn't in my trials so i took it down and forgot about it. big mistake.

songs4thesadman

HSC
oh. and the for simpsons rule one i wrote
2*h/3(8a+2b) or something

because you have to write it out twice
so its
h/3(0+4a+b) +
h/3(b+4a+0) (or something i don't have the question with me)

and when you put them together it becomes

h/3 +h/3 (0+0 +4a+4a+b+b)
and when simplified that becomes

2*h/3(8a+2b)

or something close to it, like i said i don't have the actual question so thats just from memory, i think that was pretty easy really. assuming its right lol

the next part was hard, i was freaking out when i figured out that it decreased by 8 because it seemed too much, but i kept getting it no matter how i worked it out so i decided it must have been right and wrote it down

sonnysburning

HSC
i'm pretty sure i went fairly terribly.
but i have 13 units and the other ones are good, so goodbye maths :D

how good is the feeling of throwing every math related thing ever out?
:D

does anyone else have four exams in a row?
i have music modern hospitality and extension in four days :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)