General response to how the exam went: Module B :mad: (1 Viewer)

SureBluff

HSC
When I ask anyone from my school how they feel about the exam, the general response was "MODULE B !!!" They didn't even have to say anything more and we all got the knew that they screwed up Module B.

then again, everyone I asked did Wuthering Heights, and all hated the exam question. what are your thoughts?

nicki8959

HSC
:confused: I did Gwen Harwood poetry for Module B, and that was pretty hard. It was quite specific, but once I got into it it wasn't that bad. It was probably my best question out of all modules I reckon.

but still gross

B35tY

HSC
The question for King Lear was very ambigiuous, because the character's name they wanted you to discuss was King Lear, but that's also the name of the text. The only way you could tell was because it wasn't italicised.

I had to read the question three times before i figured that out, and i know people who didn't get that at all.

maskd

HSC
I did speeches and it was my strongest essay, it was a personal question, therefore it prompted a personal response.

"To what extent has your personal response to the speeches been shaped by the enduring power of their intellectual and artistic quality?"

I just said that they didn't really affect me in any way, rather the context of the speaker, and how they used their language to control their audiences. As to seem that I wasn't avoiding the question I did include that the intellectual and artistic qualities did influence my personal response, but they weren'the main contributing factors.

league_girl

HSC
hey does anyone knw if the head examinors can deduct marks for various things without your knowledge?

Drunkspleen

HSC
Yeah, I had the same thing with Wuthering Heights, my focus was on primarily marxist and feminist frames of reading as well as it's reception in different contexts and alot of the focus was on Cathering more than Heathcliff.

In the end I managed to get by with cutting out feminist and using a psychoanalytical approach (something we didn't do in class and I thank Boredofstudies from the bottom of my heart for notes on it) and managing to weasle around the situation.

My overall opinion was that all the questions were an attempt to make pre-written essays not work so well, unfortunately my Module A/C pre-written were perfect for my questions and B well, B I got lucky with tbh.

smiley_kel

HSC
N/A
hmm i sucked. i didnt get the king lear question till i got out. DAMN what a waste of preparing i knew that topic so well. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)